2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$165
Hotels.comUS$165
eDreamsUS$165
TravelocityUS$165
Orbitz.comUS$165
FindHotelUS$165
All reviews afternoon tea wedding venue chef's table scones wedding reception peak district service was excellent four poster country house attention to detail evening meal following morning conservatory christian menu teas chatsworth
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2021

Our stay was pleasant. The staff were extremely friendly and always smiley. When asked to provide extra towels and loo roll, the staff did so promptly and felt like no hassle for them. East lodge has a lovely well kept garden, small grounds and nice open car park. Our room and bathroom was big, well kept, clean and the bed was very comfy. We feel it had nice character and country charm as a place to stay. We think this would be a nice place for an intimate wedding and a place to stop for afternoon tea.

Depsite this, we felt a bit puzzled by it being a 4 star hotel. I think you expect a level of service and although it has elements of 4 star hotel (flat screen TV, thermostatic showers, WiFi, breakfast and afternoon tea facilties) and felt like if we had asked staff they would have tried to accommodate us, there were elements that perhaps didn't quite (in our eyes) reach that 4 star rating.

There is no dinner service available here, though very close drive to Bakewell and other food destinations we feel a hotel of higher standard would offer a later dinning experience, if not longer hours of room service for light bites or snacks. On site/desk duty staffing and service stops after 6pm. If you go out for dinner and come back, the hotel will be locked and reception will be closed - you have to use the key provided to let yourself in and lock it after yourselves. We didn't mind this so much as the hotel is very peaceful, they offered if we need anything to let them know prior to 6pm, there is an emergency number to ring and we had bought our own beverages and snacks for the room. We feel though this is where East Lodge fell short of the 4 star mark as we would expect that level of continued service hours and such things as real attention to detail in regards to service of rooms. We stayed for 3 nights and 4 days. During this time I personally felt for a 4 star hotel that towels should've been changed daily, bins should have been changed, tea and coffee facilities washed, changed and topped up daily. This would've been done I think if you asked but I personally feel that if you stay at 4 star hotel, these things shouldn't have to be asked to be done. If I was being really picky, the bedding had small holes in and on one side of the clean towels we were giving was some sort of brown stain but in the grand scheme of things we weren't overly bothered.

East Lodge is a pleasant stay. I would suggest it's more like a nice B&B place because of the reasons stated above. I would suggest that if you choose to stay here and don't particularly mind the things raised and make alternative arrangements that it is pleasant. I do think however, considering it's a 4 star hotel that in some respect it isnt as competitive as other possible hotels in the area, which may offer just that little extra.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Amazing afternoon tea in picturesque surroundings with beautiful gardens and wildlife.

Beautiful spot, top service and amazing food - possibly the best scone I’ve ever had!

Always a friendly welcome at East Lodge, and consistently good quality service and food.

Definitely worth a visit!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2021

The staff were super friendly, welcoming and accommodating. I booked the big room with a 4 poster bed, it was lovely and spacious. The bathroom had a lovely big tub too. The only thing i would say is, it was a little dusty in corners but generally the room was clean. We also tried the breakfast, although the menu was quite limited for vegetarians, personally I didn't mind, i tried the Eggs Florentine which was very tasty and well presented.
The grounds of the hotel were beautiful and well kept, we went for a short walk on the grounds, it was nice to sit on the quite terrace and admire the lovely view.
A big thanks to the staff again, you are all lovely!

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

We visited here for my wife’s birthday… we had afternoon tea. The food was absolutely amazing… lovely sandwiches and wonderful cakes! The scones were amazing… just perfect! My son… 3 and half was greeted by I think the owner… what lovely person! The staff made us so welcome!

I hope you start doing evening and lunch meals soon! Although we’ll be back for afternoon tea! Ps: the Afternoon Tea is better than Chatsworth!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank U831PYmarkh
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Visited this afternoon for a belated birthday treat. I will not lie, I really enjoyed the food and surrounding's. However I think the afternoon tea was over priced and the service mediocre. We had to ask for a re-fil of the tea pot and although neither of us take sugar, it was not offered. For the money I would have expected linen napkins and also a pastry fork, rather than a normal fork. Also the background music was awful, more fitting for a funeral parlour, although it did improve later, but then we may have just got used to it.

Date of stay: July 2021