“Don’t get injured..”
Review of Rapu Surf

Rapu Surf
Ranked #5 of 9 things to do in Piha
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 2001, we were known as New Zealand Surf 'n' Snow Tours for 13 years. We have re-branded ourselves as Rapu which in Maori means 'to seek' and, we feel, captures the quest to find that perfect New Zealand adventure. During summer, we offer both day and multi-day Surf Tours. During winter, whether you are a skier, snowboarder or an outdoor adventurer we have snow tour options for you.
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I booked a day trip with the owner, Brett. I injured my ankle from surfing that day and when I told Brett about the injury, he didn’t even bother emailing me back.

There’s lots of surfing instructors in NZ, and I chose Rapu because of the great reviews. I guess Rapu is alright if you don’t get injured.

I would not recommend this company to anyone that values customer service.

RapuTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Rapu Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Hi K
Thank you for submitting your feedback for us to review. I have emailed you with regards to this as unfortunately I believe there was some miscommunication. Our apologies and we do hope to have you join us again.
Rapu Team

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I booked 5 days staying and 4 days surf at Rapu. It was amazing!
The accommodation is really beautiful and the vegetarian catering from Brett was delicious!
I surfed before with some surfschools and i had an injury, but i feelt every minute really confident and save.
I never learned soooooo mutch about the surf, the techniques, the ocean, the terms and also a bit about myself!
Brett explained everything so clear and helpful! I was asking a lot of things and i got every time a really good and sometimes funny answers! :)
The week helped me a lot to improve my surf skills!

A big hug and a really big thank you Brett for teaching me all the stuff!

I can recommend everyone this surf with Rapu, also the advanced ones!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

I had a great time surfing with Ben and Brett. They were very helpful and made me feel very safe about surfing in the ocean! The places we stayed were absolutely stunning in Piha and up in the Northland! The food was excellent and the company was even better! Would definitely encourage anyone who wants to learn how to surf to do this camp!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Had a great time learning to surf from Brett and Ben! Both instructors were fun, knowledgeable and helped ensure we had a great experience. I definitely recommend this surf school!

RapuTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Rapu Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Hi Nikki, thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear you had a great day and thank you for the recommendation :)