Review Highlights
one of the helpful and awesome surf instructor!

I booked 5 days staying and 4 days surf at Rapu. It was amazing! The accommodation is really... read more

Reviewed 15 March 2017
Julia B
via mobile
A true kiwi surf experience !

I had a great time surfing with Ben and Brett. They were very helpful and made me feel very safe... read more

Reviewed 22 February 2017
Laurissa C
Owen Sound, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Throughout the week long surf trip I learned a lot of surf theory and safety crucial for surfing. My surfing skills increased significantly and had lots of fun both in the water and during the theory. The teacher was professional yet very relaxed and fun to be around, I highly recommend going on this surf trip, very good and fun as well as high living standard, 5/5.

1  Thank Auglil
Reviewed 30 November 2015

We Start the lesson at 7am, it was a perfect sunny Day! First Dan explains "How find the rip current? " the differents way to find it and where it' s safe to surf. He knows how to reassure and for me it was important before to jump on the Board! "The sea doesn't try to kill you " : ) after some exercices on the sand and the Board it was time to try on the water!! Perfect! Dan watch out each of us and one by one he help us. For my first lesson I manage to stand up (with the pop up) even If it was for few seconds ; ) He was patient and advise me to improve my way to surf! Thank you very much Dan it was a real pleasure! Next time I would like to follow the wave!

Reviewed 16 November 2015

I booked the 5 day program and it exceeded all my expectations. Brett is an amazing teacher, who doesn't just aims to get you to stand up on your board the proper way, but also teaches you everything you never knew, but need to know, about the ocean. I really had a blast and the location is just beautiful, not to mention the 7 star lodge we stayed at. It was really the best lodge of my whole 4 weeks in NZ. I'll definitely be back next year and then hopefully for 2 weeks.
Quick feedback on the classes: we spent like half the day with Brett at the beach dividing our time between theory lessons at the beach and then surfing. The wetsuits were great and kept us really warm. And depending on the level you are at, Brett would give you different types of boards so you could work properly on your technique and also learn to really ride a wave (at least for a few seconds :-) ) All in all, it was a really special experience and you just want to come back and get back on the board.

The accommodation was just the best. The lodge had a very warm feeling to it and it felt more like a home then a lodge. The kitchen is very specious and super clean and the living areas are very welcoming. The bathrooms are very modern as are the bedrooms. And the garden and the views from the rooms are just the cherry on top of the ice cream. The surroundings offer many great hikes, there is a small local shop and a few places to grab a bite (not that you need it, everything is provided by RAPU). I also add some photos of the lodge and us surfing, so you can have a look yourself.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

loved it, managed to stand up and Dan is an excellent fun teacher. would recommend to anyone wanting to learn to surf.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 9 August 2015

A wonderful day full of water! Great introduction to surfing with in water safety, hire of boards and suit, beautiful beach, fantastic photos and an awesome instructor.

Date of experience: August 2015