“Lovely get away place with a wonderful garden”
other traveller has booked this property
Boxwood Cottage I, facing Vancouver, Texada, and Harwood three Islands, Fantastic ocean and sunshine view
Bedroom #1 with ocean view Bedroom #2 has its own door to the back porch
Bedroom #1 with ocean view
Bedroom #2 has its own door to the back porch
Bedroom #3 with garden view
Bedroom #4 with ocean view
Full kitchen, stove and fridge on the right hand side of the photo
Living room with wood burning fireplace insert
Bath room with large tub
Treehouse has a double bed with ocean & garden view and creek running below
Sunset view from Boxwood Cottage, Boxwood Suite and the Treehouse.
Outdoor Bar-B Q area
Outdoor bathroom build with local materials
The path takes you from the Greenhouse to the Cottage
Gazebo over looking the garden
Teahouse next to a lily pond
Victorian style swing surround by lavendars
Orginally grown vegetables
Bridge to the meditation hut
Boxwood Suite
Local farmer's market
Palm Beach at south of town
Bamboo Grove in the garden
An entrance way to the creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
adebamom
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely get away place with a wonderful garden”
Reviewed 8 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We had a really good time at Diana's place and the garden is absolutely gorgeous. Its location close to the ferry terminal made it really convenient for us and the space was just enough for all of us.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the garden
Liked least: the kitchen
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
WinnieR
“Great Place with an Amazing Garden”
Reviewed 4 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We stayed at Boxwood cottages for a post-wedding getaway and loved it. Diana is very hospitable and friendly and her gardens are stunning. We loved wandering through the whimsical property and sitting in the outdoor kitchen under the grapevines.
Thank you Diana for the great stay!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
FunFearle...
Vancouver, BC
“A rustic cottage with the coolest backyard”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Diana corresponded with me via email, answering any and all questions I had. The set prices are just that. They don't increase during high season. Diana wants it to be affordable to regular families.

Upon arrival her son, Eric greeted us. What a sweet and helpful guy he was - bailing us out when there was a screw lodged into the crib panel preventing us from setting it up. He grabbed his toolbox and came over in a jiffy! Diana gave us a tour of the expansive property in the heart of Powell River (2 minutes away from all the stores like Walmart and quaint mom and pop joints). There are amazing hand-crafted meditation huts, hammocks, outdoor bbq areas, hidden sitting areas, a tree house, and the most wonderful flowers and plants imaginable! My daughter loved exploring the gardens and picking boysenberries and blueberries for a healthy snack. Diana even provided sleeping alternatives (Tree House -- it's legit and sooo cool!) should my mom's snoring keep us awake!

My husband, friend, mom, 3 yo daughter and infant son arrived to the Boxwood Cottage to find a cozy space for us. It is an old house, built in the late 30s or early 40s, so it does creak and have lil unconventional nooks and crannies. The two rooms upstairs and two downstairs served their purpose. Since we arrived during the heat wave, Diana had purchased an extra fan for us. In the evenings, the breeze from the ocean runs from the front to the back of the house, airing it out so nicely. The steps leading up to the upstairs are small and quite steep. The kitchen had dishes, cutlery and pots. I would suggest a new, non-stick pan though! Despite that, we made do and cooked every day.

With all of us sharing one bathroom, we didn't have any issues. Diana showed us the outdoor washroom we could use also. It was actually a very pretty space, not even close to an outhouse!

All in all, our stay was memorable. The forest fires far away created a haze the last two days of our stay, but that didn't dampen our time at Boxwood. I would love to go back when the kids are a bit older so they can run free in the humongous yard.

Diana makes a great marinade, so ask her to prepare some in advance. We forgot to buy ours and will put in an order for friends to bring home next time!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The freedom to go everywhere in the backyard, pick berries, fresh breeze through the cottage
Liked least: The outdated bedding and some décor, but that's if I HAD to pick something; amazing artwork by Diana though!!
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children Large groups
Management Response
15 Jul 2015
it is helpful for your honest review, It allows me to improve what my place is lacking and what I have that should be proud of. I will buy some non sticking pans and rubber spatula; wooden spoons for the guests who wish to use them. The Cottage is build in the early 30's by a home owner,The stairway is narrow and steep, I had a hand railing installed precise for this reason. The builder's son is still living inPowell River.
I enjoyed talking to your mom, and seeing your young daughter exploring in my garden.
It was my pleasure to host a cheerful family like yours. I hope to see you in the future.

sincerely,
Diana
myfoodiem...
Bologna, Italy
“Romantic tree house”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Romantic tree house in a wonderful garden, amazing location. Garden kitchen, full bathroom and sitting areas, everything well maintained. Good location for day trips to the lake and Lund.

Management Response
7 Jul 2015
Hello Martina,
I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at the Treehouse. Thank you so much for your review.
Diana
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The garden and Diana the very engaging host.
Liked least: The cottage bathroom was a bit small.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing