Margaret's Cottage B&B
Burford Lodge Guest House(Ardglass)(Great Value!)
US$73
Ringfad B & B(Ardglass)
TripAdvisor
The Old Manse(Ardglass)
All reviewsnext dooracross the roadfudgeafternoon teagolf clubgolf coursestayed herehome from homeattention to detailthe ownerhomemade sconesher daughterheaven on earthlittle gemone nightisle of manplace to stay
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Comfortable stay with wonderful breakfasts and fabulous afternoon tea. Ciara can certainly make scrummy food. It is just as well that there are plenty of lovely walks to burn a few calories. This is a lovely part of the world and St Margaret's Cottage is the perfect base.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you! It was so lovely meeting you all and having you as our guests. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit to this small corner of the Emerald Isle, and hope that you will come back and see us again.
With warm wishes, Ciara.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed here while visiting family, can't praise Ciara and Margaret's Cottage enough. Excellent location with views and binoculars/comfy seat to see them with, brilliant breakfasts pretty much made to your own description should you want it. Ciara is more than helpful and very welcoming/accommodating, and the whole set-up is really well organised and thought out with access to the upstairs sitting room provided for most of the day should you want it. Golf course literally across the road, a brilliant restaurant (Aldo's) literally next door, and a resident friendly cat with a story behind his name. And there's a castle or two nearby as well. Can't think of anything to complain about, if I were you I'd just go for a stay and see for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much! It's lovely to read your kind review and we are delighted that you had a great stay. Come and see us again soon.
With warmest wishes, Ciara.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed 2 nights and could happily have stayed for many more. Really enjoyed the welcoming coffee & homemade scones, beautifully decorated bedrrooms, lovely view from the lounge over the golf course & out to sea & the cosy coal fire in the evening. Ciara took the time to talk, share her knowledge of the local area whilst at the same time giving you space to relax & put your feet up. Ardglass is small working seaside village, where the locals all say hello, there is a friendly pub & 2 very good restaurants. Everything you need for that relaxing short break.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and taking time to write a review for us. It was lovely to have you here as guests and I hope you'll come back and stay again. With kindest regards, Ciara.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Staying with Ciara was just brilliant. Our weekend here was simply lovely. The rooms are warm and cosy, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxing and friendly.
Breakfast is an amazing affair- the quality of the food is top class. Home baking, home made bread, eclairs, scones, lemon curd - all made by Ciara! Delish!!
We will certainly be back!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Awh, thank you so much! What a lovely review and such kind words. We try our best to exceed our customers' expectations...,so I'm glad we hit the mark!
Now you know where we are, please don't be a stranger. I hope we see you again soon.
With kindest regards,
Ciara

Reviewed 22 October 2017

What can a world traveler say after staying at the best heaven on earth home away from home imaginable?

I came upon Margaret's cottage to the sleepy town of Ardglass on a Monday evening as darkness fell. It was recommended to me after seeking 3 other places to stay, and I was becoming weary. There was a sign out front indicating they were full, but I rang the bell regardless as I was running out of options.

The owner Ciara answered indicating they were unfortunately closed, but thank goodness felt sorry and trusting of me to reconsider. One night turned to two, then finally three as golfers were arriving for the weekend.

Ciara is not only a godsend, but someone who truly understands hospitality. I was the sole guest in her beautiful home enjoying her wonderful freshly baked goods and (oh my god) incomparable raspberry jam! I truly felt welcomed into a friends seaside home as she lit her coal burning stove while she went out to dinner ti her Mom's with her daughter entrusting me with her purring cat beside me.

Consider yourself fortunate if you stay here. Ciara will make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Choose the quiet room in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words!
I'm so sorry that you stumbled across the very rare occasion that the house wasn't ready for guests. Thank you for your patience as your bedroom was made ready and the fire was set.
It was a pleasure to meet you and, now you know where we are, you might visit us again.
With warmest wishes,
Ciara, Kelsey and Michael O'Shea.