“Rather disappointing”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The service was ok, but the food is not on par with that, nor the price.
We all had the menu and an extra entree, that entree was ok.
However, the fish soup was not hot and very bland. The lamb had too much fat and too little meat. The apple pie was too soft, the pavlova ok.
All in all disappointing.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We've had an very disappointing diner at L'Auberge, (despite our research on forehand). While other guests were still eating, the waiter 'welcomed' us with "I don't know if you can eat here'....a normal 'hello' would be nice....
We drove 45 minutes to get here especially...

Then we could eat, but only 1 plate, because the kitchen didn't want to cook anymore (please notice that other people were still eating their entree)!
Half of the tables were not taken, but the waiter refused to let us sit where we wanted. Monsieur places us at the bar at a dark place, away from the other guests....very romantic.

Since we only could choose 1 plate, we chose for the steak. I might as well could have ask for a shoe! The steak was not baked but fried and although I asked for a medium, also the second time they couldn't manage to make this successful....it was more than well done! Bleh:(

So, not only the cold welcome and the lack of hospitality was as far as the North pole, also the quality of the food was horrible....so bad that I nearly hoped for a burger from Mac Donald's.

I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone else. But, if you do and you have the same experience as did: I told you so;)were still eating their entree)!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Pros
Nice terrace
Large portions
Reasonable prices

Cons
No interest in anyone who doesn't have a booking
Limited menu everything seems to be duck
Slow service
Unfriendly welcome
Used to be much more welcoming and better menu

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This restaurant is off the beaten track but well worth a visit if you are nearby. We broke our journey here for a lunch stop and it was very enjoyable. We parked right next to it and ate outside in pleasant surroundings, with play facilities for children. We chose from several regional the dishes on offer and were impressed by the standard of food, wine, service and value for money.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

You have to make a reservation in the month of August. It will be occupied every day of the week.
We had fisch and duck. It was tastefull. The French fries were very good here.
The desserts were excellent!