“Brunch”

Sun, 18/04
20:00
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Gibsons
Price range: US$2 - US$23
Description: Farm to table restaurant, serving west coast cuisine, focusing on local and seasonal ingredients, beer and wine.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

We have always had delicious brunch at Drift .
Everything is so fresh and tasty .
Beautiful views, one of the best decks in town .
Dinner is excellent as well .
Highly recommend...

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (171)

Reviewed 15 November 2020

Completely enjoyed our lunch at Drift. Our server (one of the owners) Stephanie was delightful. Interesting menu, cool space (kitchen is on the floor below and food is sent up via dumbwaiter), beautifully presented and prepared food. Totally impressed, and already looking forward to our next visit.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 11 October 2020

This was our best meal on the Sunshine Coast, and it was just before we hopped on a ferry. So far on our trip my husband hadn't liked any of his meals but he's a sucker for Eggs Benny. He ordered the benny with bacon. He said it was excellent. I got the tofu miso dish and it had great flavor. The fried tofu was honestly the best ever. My only feedback is that the rice noodles were too mushy by the time it got to me. Otherwise, we loved our meal.

The service wasn't overly friendly but everything was compliant with COVID advice. A lot of restaurants lately have been slacking but they followed all the rules.

This will be our first stop next time we're in the area.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 24 September 2020

This place is awful... I read a few negative reviews here but I noticed the owner/manager was addressing most the reviews so I figured they were doing their due diligence to right the ship. Boy was I wrong. Who the hell serves pasta in a soup?! No joke, full on broth. If you are doing so at least inform the customer that it’s far from traditional. At first taste I tried to convince myself it wasn’t bad but soon came to my senses and realized that it was hammered dog poop. And on top of that I ordered the 6$ bacon to add to it but unfortunately received garbage ham. If you’re going to have a small menu with only a few features make damn sure they are all edible. Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank Troutslayer09
driftgibsons, Owner at Drift Cafe and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2020

Hi there

We are sorry you had a bad experience, but do hope next time you dine out anywhere that you speak to the staff about your strong dislikes for anything you may have, rather than leaving rude reviews online.
Most restaurants would love to try and fix something for you that you don’t like, but can’t do so unless you man up and actually mention it.

Reviewed 12 September 2020

Had been here pre-Covid and enjoyed. Today, food and service were good, but music was loud enough so people had to raise their voices - a Dr. Henry no-no - and the group of young people at another table was talking loud and laughing over the music - another Dr. H no-no. Would be interesting to know their health status a couple of weeks from now. Neither of us was asked for contact info, which I thought was a requirement at present?

Date of visit: September 2020
driftgibsons, Owner at Drift Cafe and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2020

We appreciate your feedback.
If you made a reservation, we do not collect any other information as we all ready have your info on file. If you are a regular customer, we do not collect your information as we have it on file and just plug it into our daily log.
We do our best to speak with customers and have them adhere to guidelines, and are always willing to respond to any requests made while on site (turning down the music for instance) we would hope that rather than posting something on a website, you speak with the staff or managers on site and ask for music to be turned down, or even mention your concerns about other groups. We are all antsy and nervous in these times, but leaving negative reviews before you voice concerns over these sorts of things seems a bit passive aggressive when we are all in this together