“Wonderful experience”

Reserve a table
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Takapuna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tokyo Bay is located beachside, on Auckland's famous Takapuna Beach. Our Japanese team serve modern, not fusion, Japanese cuisine, of the highest standard.
Reviewed 25 February 2024 via mobile

Chose this restaurant after trying it out earlier. The occasion was my birthday so booked a table for my Mrs and a family of 4 including 2 children. The service was second to none and the food was excellent and unusually authentic. My favourite is tempura and as I spend a couple of months in Asia I do have quite some experience. All my guests were very happy with the meal and the location with views over the sea was a bonus.
The waitresses made my special day a very special one and I am grateful.
Will be going back again.

1  Thank Wonjee

Reviewed 23 February 2024

We have dined at Tokyo Bay a number of times and always find the staff attentive, polite (as you would expect) and the food is extremely good. There is a good mix of beverages and food to choose from and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Tokyo Bay to my friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
1  Thank craigsimpsonNZ13
Reviewed 22 February 2024

Very bland food with little flavour and over priced. Edamame was cold (I've never had Edamame served cold before), steak teppanyaki had no flavour whatsoever and was chewy, and to top it off was served with a miniscule amount of cold pickled vegetables. Pork gyōza were good but these were the only stand out from the five dishes we ordered. Sorely underwhelmed!

Reviewed 20 February 2024

My partner and I came last night celebrating a birthday and it was fantastic. The staff were attentive, thoughtful and all round excellent making it a wonderful experience, the customer service here is faultless. The food was also really good, we had starters, mains, dessert and cocktails and they were all fantastic. We will definitely be coming here again. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
1  Thank nosalto
Reviewed 19 February 2024 via mobile

Amazing food in a great location, with great service, would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant without hesitation

1  Thank Getaway19256808737