“So disappointing!”

Reserve a table
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Takapuna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tokyo Bay is located beachside, on Auckland's famous Takapuna Beach. Our Japanese team serve modern, not fusion, Japanese cuisine, of the highest standard.
Reviewed 31 December 2023 via mobile

Absolutely awful! I’m shocked this place has such great reviews, it’s probably the worst sushi I’ve had in all of NZ. I’ve had better sushi at the airport. We ordered the gyoza to start, the dumplings were stuffed with only minced pork, no veggies, nothing. I could barely eat one. Then the salmon nigiri arrived and looked suspect. I took one bite and had to spit it into my napkin. It was chewy and super fishy…gross! I’m on my way home to order take out! 🤣

1  Thank Joseph E

Reviewed 28 December 2023

Although we sat inside, with the big doors open we were still able to enjoy the ambience of the beach location while enjoying delightful japanese food. We have now been 3 times and each time gets better as we get to know the menu and how to make the most of our preferences. Will be back.

Date of visit: December 2023
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 25 December 2023

Excellent food and friendly service. Meals served really quick and were delicious. Had the fried chicken donburi and tofu donburi. We'll be back on our next visit to Takapuna.

Date of visit: November 2023
1  Thank MarenColin
Reviewed 20 December 2023

I had never been here before, the food was amazing and Sarasa was a very entertaining host.

Absolutely recommend to anyone wanting to impress a client. She is amazing.

1  Thank Voyager13274059866
Reviewed 14 December 2023

Great grill bento that came out quickly. Sarasa is one of the best hosts in the business. Am looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: October 2023