“Turkish delight”

Angora Takapuna
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Takapuna
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our favourite restaurant in Takapuna. The menu has been changed since our last visit and there are some tasty Turkish specialities . Be warned - the portions are enormous!!Moussaka and Kebabs are good choices. Friendly service from the owner's wife who acts as waitress. Prices very reasonable.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 24 October 2018

A quiet Tuesday evening so parking was easy. We received a warm welcome & were soon served with our starter of Dolma. I did enjoy my main of Black Sea Chicken & the duck was superb - my wife allowed me a small bite! We shared a yummy Baklava for desert. The display of lamps & dishes & rugs is extensive & we bought a small dish as a memento of the occasion.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Food was not as I would accepted ,I ordered falafel which I was told made this morning I don't think so dry as,

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Angora for my mother in laws 91st birthday. She loved the Black Sea chicken and the Tiramasu. We had a lot of laughs with the owner and his wife. They gave her a lovely bracelet which she was thrilled with. The baklava is always a hit and we took some away with us for our sons partner who had to work late. This place is really worth a visit if you live in Takapuna or you just love wholesome Mediterranean food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

A great little Turkish restaurant, the food was great with a slant towards healthy.

Half the restaurant was fitted out like a shop front and the other half as a restaurant so it’s not obvious, which is nice.

The service was excellent and pricing very reasonable.

A must visit.