“Incredible flavours and value for money”
Review of Tok Tok Kitchen

Tok Tok Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Takapuna
Reviewed 3 September 2016

I ate here with 4 people on a Saturday night, we didn't have a reservation but were lucky after to get one after a short wait at the cocktail bar. The espresso martinis are fantastic. The restaurant itself is very welcome with a nice cosy themed atmosphere.
The dishes are made for sharing and are of a smaller or larger size so for 4 of us we ordered 2 small and 3 large dishes. The lamb bites and lemongrass chicken, duck pad thai, king crab and something else. From the first dish I was completely sold - the flavours were absolutely divine. They were so good I had to do a double take at the menu prices as I couldn't believe how well priced they were.
Service was really friendly and attentive. We were indulging in cocktails for most of the night and when my sister mentioned hers wasn't of the same quality as the first, the staff happily made a replacement one to her satisfaction.
Great restaurant, cant wait to go again.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I ate here with about 10 others, we purchased multiple small and large plates. Everything was packed full of flavour, salads were dressed brilliantly and absolutely nothing was of poor standard. Highlights was certainly the Hapuka curry and beef brisket steamed bun.

While the price is fairly high for the volume you get - it's something I would happily pay for due to the amazing flavour.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

A friend whose foodie instincts I rate had been raving over Tok Tok and I knew that it was pretty difficult to get a table there. But finding ourselves in Takapuna during the twilight zone between "lunch-time" and "dinner-time", we thought we'd take a chance and boy did it pay off. We got a great table, attentive, friendly and knowledgeable service -- and really, really good food. We shared the pork and scallop dumplings and a plate of summer rolls which were both wonderful. I also had the duck pad thai -- one of the best I've eaten.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

We have lived in the area for many years and been quite surprised that there weren't better places to eat - not just the food but good service and ambience. Tok Tok was a thoroughly pleasant surprise! Great service, delicious flavoursome food (unlike Madam Bland Woos up the road) and awesome design. We sat outside and had a fantastic meal! Popping prawns are essential :)

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Ate lunch at Tok Tok. Loved the variety and flavours and different interpretation of classic Asian foods eg dumplings and pad Thai.