See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Other than that I have nothing good to say, although the guy at the counter was friendly enough the room was dirty, the bathroom was filthy, floor sticky. Ants in bathroom and kitchen. Super expensive for what we got.
The Mickey Mouse and Happy Day chicken duvets were the icing on the cake.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Booked this motel purely because when we had lived in Auckland, I passed this motel many times and always thought it looked quite appealing. Booked a room and was given an upstairs unit. The room is very tired looking. The carpet is stained. The skirting boards were dirty, as was the bathroom window blind. Speaking if windows, all the windows were dirty - finger marks and scuffs everywhere. Every motel I've stayed in recent years has a coffee plunger and a little bag of coffee to use with it. We got two instant coffee sachets and three sugar sachets. The bed was comfortable, but that's the only redeeming feature of this tired and lack lustre motel.

Room tip: Don't bother staying here.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I stayed here overnight whilst in Auckland for business, i left early as i couldn't wait to get out of the place. They clearly had never heard of a duster and there was a unhealthy odour of mould. The refrigerator was disgusting and had mould in it, not sanitary at all, the duvet had cigarette burns on it and there was what looked like a pubic hair on my"fresh" face cloth. Bit impressed whatsoever. At $150 per night i didn't expect much but cleanliness wouldn't have been a big ask!

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I only stayed for one night and that was one night too long. I arrived at 8:30pm and found my room (despite incorrect directions) and it was 12 degrees inside. The thermostat was set at 28 degrees but there was no sign of any heating. I tracked down an oil heater in the wardrobe but that was broken so I went to reception to complain. They said "underfloor heating, big room so will take a long time", eventually I got another heater which worked but did little to improve matters. I never noticed a warm part of the floor so am pretty sure there either isn't underfloor heating or it doesn't work.

The spa bath was dirty and didn't work, the towels were small and horrible, the only positive was there was plenty of hot water to clean the bath before I could use it.

The free internet was totally unusable but by that point I had given up on this place anyway.

As the final insult, the small bottle of milk they gave me on arrival was sour by the morning because the cheapskates had left the fridge turned off.

Do not stay here, it's expensive, badly run, poorly maintained and is barely a step up from a hostel.

Room tip: Avoid any of them.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Room security is terrible with no security stays on the windows, insufficient lighting at back of building and no CCTV. Our upstairs room was broken into from the balcony and we had all our personal possessions stolen. We couldn't stay our last night but the owner refused to give us a full refund for that night.

Date of stay: June 2016