“WOW”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Thornside Cottage

Thornside Cottage
The beautiful orchard across from the cottage is filled with apple and pear trees. Apple trees
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Apple trees
The Wheel at Welton stock and serve a range of Real Ales along with good home made traditional food.
Patio area outside Thornside Cottage is perfect for late night drinks on a Summer evening.
Spacious kitchen and dining area inside Thornside Cottage.
Cosy double bedroom with ensuite.
Double bedroom space.
Kitchen area and lounge, suitable for families, children and small groups.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

David M
Breierley Hill, United Kingdom
“WOW”
Reviewed 6 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Wow what can i say. We have just returned from a long bank holiday weekend break here and it was just wonderful. Upon arrival we were met by the lovely owner of both the Cottage and Pub onsite. The cottage itself was stunning, spotlessly clean and everthing we needed was provided for us. The pub served outstanding wonderful home cooked food. You must try the Sunday dinners simply top notch. We had a wonderful stay and will definately be returning as soon as work commitments allows us. Thank you to all the staff who made our weekend so wonderful.

Martynbud...
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Absolute Perfection”
Reviewed 1 May 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

What can i say.. this was my first visit and it will definately not he my last. Had a wonderful weekend here for my wedding anniversary. The Cottage is outstanding with every amenity you could want and spotlessly clean. Visited The Wheel where the food is first class and you certainly dont want to look anywhere else for quality, quantity and value for money. We will definately recommend a stay here to family and friends. Thank you. We will be back soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was all wonderful. Faultless
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Steve E
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Just perfect, quiet and clean with great food in the pub.”
Reviewed 19 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Great place, clean and quiet with an amazing pub next door and a lovely couple who both made you feel welcome without bothering you all the time. As above just perfect.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Stokesy20...
Coleshill, United Kingdom
“Warm and welcoming stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My partner and myself stayed at this lovely cottage at the end of March for a short getaway. The cottage itself is very well kept, a nice open plan kitchen/lounge, a good sized bedroom with a king sized bed and a bathroom with a big bath and shower! On arrival we were let into the cottage by the very welcoming lady who owns both the cottage and the pub opposite. We were told if we needed anything else just to ask, owner was very attentive but everything we needed was already provided for us! We also had a DVD player and flatscreen with a few films provided for us which was excellent! On the evening we ended up eating at the pub opposite owned by the same lady which I can definitely recommend. All home cooked food which was superb! (It was that good I've actually left a separate review on the pubs page) Would definitely recommend this lovely little gem to anyone, would definitely return! 10/10!

Gary A
“Worst Holiday Cottage I've Ever Stayed At”
Reviewed 25 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Upon arriving at the cottage all looks very welcoming but that's as nice as the stay gets.
Myself and my fourteen year old son stayed here for two weeks and by day three I couldn't wait to leave.
Inside it was disgustingly dirty, so much so that I had to go buy a massive bottle of bleach and surface cleaner to scrub all the floors and work surfaces. The cottage had obviously not been cleaned for some time. Dog hairs everywhere including the fridge.

The sofa bed had no bedding whatsoever so I ended up sharing the main bedroom with my son. When seated on the sofa bed it felt like things were crawling on my skin and landing on my face and arms. It drove me crazy.
The Hoover was unusable unless you love the smell of wet dogs within seconds.

The oven in the cooker along with the microwave was covered in grease to the touch and smoked intensely. Only two drinking glasses, two mugs for hot drinks. Limited saucepans and cooking utensils made home cooking extremely hard. So be prepared for takeaways here.

The television only worked when it wanted to. Pillows on bed were like sleeping on bricks.

Honestly I could write an essay on how dreadful this place was to stay at, I was counting the days until we left and if I could have found alternative accommodation we would have.
The cottage should not be available to rent and is not worth half the cost it's rented for.

I have asked trip advisor for compensation and they have said the owner will come back to me....... I guess not!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing