“Not so good”

Pho Saigon
Ranked #36 of 89 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

We had a take out dinner for 4 people and usually we find the food good here but this time it was different. The portions were small, my Shanghai noodle dish was greasy and meager. The salad rolls had no flavour since there were only lettuce and vermicelli. We were disappointed because we eat here often and find it reasonably good.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 17 August 2021

Service is good and it's authentic Vietnamese food! The first time I was there I had Bun Bo Hue (Hue style thick noodle with hot chili oil in soup) and pork salad rolls. I had to go back for seconds, and third time after coming back from another trip in Rossland. This is a gem in the Interior BC! I mean, the best Bun Bo Hue is definitely in Calgary of all places, but this is close! Wow, if you're looking for good authentic Vietnamese cuisine within 800 miles in the interior BC, this is the place to get some beef noodle soup and vermicelli!

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 11 January 2021

My Wife and I stopped here on our way to Inver mere for a bite to eat. We eat a lot of Vietnamese. (Wife is Vietnamese) and the first thing that stood out was the poor service. Our server Mia looked like we were there to bother her. Just a sour look on her face and looked like she was mad at the world. No smile and appeared to be bothered. This, I have to tell you is extremely unusual to find with Vietnamese restaurants. We both ordered a Pho and they were just okay and I found the portions to be pretty small. We ordered 2 spring rolls and 2 salad rolls for $10 and they weren't fresh at all. My Wife had an order of Thai curry chicken for $13, to go, and she said it was pretty good. We typically drive through Cranbrook ever year and I can assure you our next stop won't include eating here.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 29 November 2020

Usually leave Pho restaurants feeling full but was a bit disappointed with portion size and make up of so.e didhes.
Seafood Pho was goid but almost nothing in it. Imitation crab, fish balls, 1 small shrimp, 1 piece of squid. For $13 really light on content. Shanghai noodles was tiny in comparison with other asian restaurants.
Service was good. Taste was good. But just not a lot of value for my family.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 9 August 2019

I've never left hungry! the service is good! they have a large menu to suit almost every taste. Tom Yum soup is devine!! I also love their vermicelli salad and pad-thai! the restaurant is clean and quiet. great for a lunch date!!!

Date of visit: July 2019