“My favourite of all the cottages”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kitchen and dining area
Renovated washroom, with  Ceramic tiled shower
Looking out towards lake from deck
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Me1969
Ontario Canada
“My favourite of all the cottages”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

It's the smallest of the four but still sleeps a family with 3 kids. Being a solo cottager, it was more than enough for me. What I liked about this one is it is the most secluded one with trees separating it from the boathouse which is the closest other cottage. It has a wrap around deck overlooking the lake and stairways that lead down to the dock. I have stayed there twice, my first time before that was at the boathouse, which is a great cottage in itself because it sits over the lake with a magnificent panoramic view from three sides of windows from the large living room. I didn't stay at the Lookout but have spent time inside while it was vacant, photographing all the rooms with my photo gear. It is also a very nice cottage, bigger that sleeps 7 guests.

Lynn and Glynnis and family are great hosts and very courteous towards their guests, they care greatly about the quality of their stay and I'm very thankful for finding such a beautiful property to enjoy the cottage life (without having to take out a second mortgage!).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The scenery
Liked least: I couldn't stay longer!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
RiderDM
Toronto, Canada
“If you want a small, homey, no-fuss cottage on the water, this is for you”
Reviewed 13 October 2015 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

My family (two adults, two kids now aged 9 and 7) have stayed at Kenslynne Cottages for years. Our first year was in the two-bedroom Hideaway. It is a cozy, clean cottage that was great for your young family. The location on a quiet bay of Faraday Trout Lake is fantastic and we enjoyed use of a rowboat. The view from the Hideaway is lovely. The water directly below isn't great for swimming but we used (with owners' permission) the small beach at the Boathouse right beside it and that was perfect. We moved to the bigger neighbouring cottages as our kids grew but could happily spend a week back in the Hideway. Lynn and Glynnis have consistently been great hosts. If we can't find the bbq starter or the TV is on the fritz, they fix it right away. Our week together at Kenslynne is the highlight of our year.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing