“Excellent Steak Sandwich”

MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Coquitlam
Reserve with OpenTable
MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Coquitlam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 359 Restaurants in Coquitlam
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: No fancy frills, no stuffed shirt attitude. Just real people and great food. Everything you want in a steakhouse - only casual.
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I ordered their steak sandwich and i wasn't disappointed! Highly recommended! Great hostess and server. Manager dropped by to ensure we were happy! Exceeded our expectations!

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Thursday's deal brings a lot of people to Mr. Mikes Steakhouse. The beer is pretty decent (I like the lager more) and the snack menu at half price after 8pm is a treat. I love the steak bites and the wings are perfect (like the salt and peper). We come every month and I like the consistency of the quality for the past couple of years. The Skukumchuck burgers are truly gourmet and mini Mikes (sliders) are awesome. The apple pie is also delish .
The staff are young girls that are very friendly and there are enough servers around at all time. The owner and his brother walk around and make sure the guests are well taken care of And they make sure they say hi to every table. Really makes you feel at home.
The food might be pricey for other days but Thursday's, this is the place to g, hands down. The new Mr. Mikes app lets you rack points every time you visit. I try to be there as many Thursday's as I can.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Have had good food, reasonably priced in the past, but this visit was disappointing. Reservations were made for 8 and we said, when asked, that we were celebrating two birthdays on the day. Menu seemed repetitive and somewhat boring. I was amazed that an $18+ pasta dish required an extra $3 for garlic bread. WHAT? Food was good enough to return if I wanted a lunch item (burger, sandwich) but won't return for dinner. Restaurant kindly offered a piece of cake and candle to one birthday person - at end of table, not close enough to be shared with the other. Not a big deal, but indicative of a lack of attention to customer service that used to be topnotch.

Date of visit: October 2016
Mr Mikes Steakh... C, Guest Relations Manager at MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual Coquitlam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Thanks for your review, Diane, I'm sorry for your disappointment this visit, and for the miscommunication between two birthdays, we would never imply your guests of honour share a dessert. If you would like to send your contact information to us at coquitlam@mrmikes.ca we would be happy to follow up with you further.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

Good pasta and steak dish for after Pickleball Tournament today!
Close to Pinetree Community Centre and lots of great walking trails nearby.
The burgers were average.
Fish tacos are deep fried but good.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Never have to wait long to be seated or attended to. Always quick service for take out orders. Their burgers are quite good, their signature mikes sauce is a perfect topping for a bacon cheeseburger (my most frequent order)

Prices could be a little lower for the portion sizes but they're decent enough to fill most stomachs. Only other complaint is that often the fries are undercooked. Not unique to this restaurant though. Fries are not as easy to cook to order as most people think. I just hate fries that aren't crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. Just menter being picky though.

I'll eat here many more times happily!