See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2015

First room smelt of urine we were moved to a second room which was ok. Staff very good and pool nice, but big disappointment was the hotels location in the middle of an industrial/retail centre. Wouldn't really recommend it other than for a nights stop over

Room tip: none although we slept very well there
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2015

Very nice hotel with small very clean swimming pool, air conditioning, clean, comfortable beds, near Toulon and golf course Valgarde. We visited Toulon, Mont Farnon, Hyeres and nice sun basing and swimming in sea.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Kyriad.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Reviewed 2 March 2015

I stayed here Monday 23rd to Friday 27th February 2015 on business. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, although the large mirrors to the right of the reception area are a little disconcerting. The lift is tiny so after the first journey to my room on the first floor, I used the stairs although the solid doors to the staircase could do with having a window in.

The room was very clean, but the en suite bathroom took a large chunk out of the bedroom, leaving the impression of the bedroom being a bit poky. There was just enough space to use a laptop on the 'desk' area. There being only one electric power point by the desk that could be used was a downside, meaning electronic devices had to be charged in turn.

The hot water came hot very quickly which was great, and everything in the en suite bathroom worked well. The wardrobe was really only large enough for one person's things, and the bed was on the hard side. Otherwise, the cleaners did a good job each morning. The view out of the room window was not great, looking out over a flat roof to the light industrial area in which the hotel is placed. There was a mountain nearby which had a positive effect on an otherwise uninspiring view.

The breakfast was average, but the restaurant (only open in the evening) was excellent. I had four fantastic three-course dinners in the hotel restaurant. The desserts: crème brulee, tarte tartin and tiramisu are all highly recommended, as is the veal main course and the goat's cheese starter!

There is much to commend

Room tip: I would ask for a front room looking out over the car park
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here with my partner 2-3 weeks ago. My partner had a hockey tournament here and this hotel seems to be close to the patinoire/ice rink. Another reason why we stayed here is because it had air conditioning and a pool plus it had the toilets inside the room unlike hotel f1 where my partners team mates where staying in. We arrived in the afternoon and saw that the pool had no water and was disappointed about it. I think they only have it functional during summer. The reception was small and had low ceilings and a lil dingy reminiscent of a 3rd world motel. There was a couple before us so we had to wait to be checked in. The receptionist seemed to take here time and even answered phone calls before attending to us. She gave us an old key and directed us to the elevator. The elevator is small and seemed dangerously old. The hallway leading to the room was dark and creepy and smelled musty. The room which was located on the first floor was small and adequate but surprisingly clean. As the game was to start in 30 minutes, we just dropped our bags and went out. We got back to the hotel around 1am and was surprised that the entrance was locked and the receptionist was nowhere to be found except for a note that said to call the landline. We had to wait for at least ten minutes before the receptionist arrived and opened the doors for us. We were so tired so we headed to the room. It was sweltering hot that night so i decided to turn on the airconditioning but couldnt find the remote control or the power button. There was none so i called the receptionist. She spoke no english so after 5 minutes of trying to explain to her what i needed, i gave up and had my partner talk to her in french instead, she said the remote should be in the room and there was nothing she can do. It was pointless to argue so we just put up with the heat. There was only one window in the room and it was facing the highway. I was hesitant to open it at first as i was concerned that someone might go in thru it but due to the unbearable heat, i opened it halfway. Immediately after opening the window, the noise from the passing cars on the highway was blasting inside the room. To cut it short, we were not able to sleep and my partner had several games to play the next morning and didnt get enough rest as needed. We checked out and raised our concerns to the receptionist. She didnt seem to care and told us that the lady in the reception last night didnt know and was wrong about the remote. Then she proceeded about the hotel not switching to aircondition mode yet and they cant just turn it on for one guest. We feel like she is just giving us excuses as the room had a split type ac and was not centralized at it had its own vent just outside the window. But she just shrugged us off and was unapologetic. When we met with the other people in the team, they told us that hotel f1 had a centralized ac which was turned on and that they had a good rest. Their hotel was 3x cheaper than this hotel. Bottomline, it is not worth the money for the inconvenience and service you get from this hotel. If you need to stay in the area, there are far better and cheaper options. Stay away from this crappy hotel.

Room tip: Dont stay here at all
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RalphG586
Reviewed 21 January 2014

For me, the location was very good because I needed to be close to the university. The staff were very nice, and the hotel room was clean, if not luxurious. What pulls down the score for me is that the bed was not very comfortable, and it was too short (I'm 177 cm, and my toes were sticking out if I tried to lie on my stomach), and the free Wi-Fi was so slow it took minutes to load a single web page. If I was there on holiday, with family or friends, it wouldn't bother me that much, but being there alone for work, it was rather frustrating.

Date of stay: January 2014