“Beautiful area and gorgeous food - Ponsonby”

Zest Food Tours of Auckland
Ranked #34 of 75 Food & Drink in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience gourmet walking tours in Auckland with the highly regarded Zest Food Tours. Sightseeing with great food and a friendly knowledgeable tour guide, Zest tours are a great introduction to the food, culture and sights of the city. 'A real hit with foodies' (2010 Frommer's Guide). Zest tours take you to taste the best food and meet the passionate producers behind them, at places the locals know and love, in small exclusive groups. ....because the best way to discover a new place and its culture is through its food & wine.
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I have had a wonderful morning with our fabulous guide Joanna, in Ponsonby. The tour started with coffee and a tart or muffin (don't bother with breakfast), then onto chocolate sampling, gourmet pizza snack and ended with a two course lunch with wine! With delightful insights, history briefs and quirky shop visits mingled in, we were so impressed were going back tomorrow to shop! Great vintage clothes and NZ designer shops galore are on tomorrow's menu! This tour is a must!!

1  Thank FoodieMumma
ZestAuckland, Director at Zest Food Tours of Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent Urban Village Delights Tour with us. We appreciate your kind and generous feedback and are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time exploring and tasting with our wonderful guide Joanna.

There are newer reviews for Zest Food Tours of Auckland

Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful day in Auckland. It was a great experience learning about the area as well as all the wonderful food we got to have. I loved this tour alot, mainly because it was my girlfriend and I, and one other nice couple that were very friendly. We all got to talk and listen to what was going on, which I think is important. I did other tours with other companies that had so many people and it was crowded and busy.. this tour was wonderful.
Very happy! 5 stars

-Chris Manning

1  Thank YSM5555
ZestAuckland, Director at Zest Food Tours of Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent Urban Village Delights tour with us.We are so glad you found your morning enjoyable and appreciate your kind and thoughful comments.

Reviewed 6 April 2015

This tour covered all of the right things for me including the three big C's - cheese, chocolate and coffee. The tour was informative not just about the food offerings in the area but provided insight into it's history and interesting architectural finds. I recommend this tour for those who enjoy food...therefore anyone. My highlight was our lunch at the lovely Ponsonby Road Bistro and their attentive and knowledgable staff.

1  Thank Travel_Mix_Express
ZestAuckland, Director at Zest Food Tours of Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent Urban Village Delights tour with us. Our team of local guides enjoy showcasing our great food lovers precincts and I will pass on your kind feedback to our partners at Ponsonby Rd Bistro who will be delighted to hear your positive comments.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

We did the Urban Village Delights walking tour in Auckland. Our guide, Joanna, was friendly, knowledgeable, and delightful to spend time with as she took us around the Ponsonby neighborhood. Several stops to relax and taste/drink the local flavors (coffee, chocolates, cheese, pizza, etc) and ending with a light lunch with wine. We also made a few stops at some of the local shops which were fun to poke about in. Joanna indulged all of our questions and always with a smile. What makes the whole experience is the small size of the group (just 4)! We had a great time. Thank you!

1  Thank David G
ZestAuckland, Director at Zest Food Tours of Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to send in your comments about your recent tour with us.We were glad to hear you enjoyed your time with our guide, Joanna who loves to show off her neighbourhood to visitors.We do pride ourselves on the intimacy and special attention our small groups provide so appreciated your feedback.

Reviewed 12 February 2015

Lynda took me for a wonderful gourmet walking tour of Auckland. This tour is fit for foodies- fine coffee and chocolates, local artisanal cheeses, ice cream, local honey, and we finished with a platter of local seafood and a glass of wine. She pointed out all of the best neighborhoods and restaurants for dining, and made some fabulous recommendations - thus the need to do this tour first, so that you will know where the best places to go to during your visit. She also made recommendations for other touring ideas in the area.
She arranged to have a bag of coffee beans delivered to my hotel when we weren't able to locate them during the tour (above and beyond!). I was also given a "cheat sheet" afterwards with a summary of all of the recommendations and sources, as well as some recipes. I really enjoyed her lively narrative and her friendly manner - very professional! Do this tour!

1  Thank jackzvi
ZestAuckland, Director at Zest Food Tours of Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2015

Thanks very much for taking the time to send us your review of your recent Auckland City Tastes tour. We appreciate your great feedback and yes we are very lucky to have such friendly and knowledgeable guides on our team who love to offer suggestions of things to do while visiting our city and helping out where possible.Lynda will be delighted to receive your feedback! We agree too that our tours are an excellent way to get your bearings of the city when you first arrive.
Regards