“Took three friends who hadn't been before - they are now total fans ...”
Review of Ebisu

Ebisu
Ranked #188 of 3,830 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2016

... It was great to be able to share probably my favourite Japanese restaurant in Auckland with three good friends who hadn't been there.
We had a really good selection of the menu including edamame, soft shell crab, prawn dumplings, karage chicken, pork belly, but the highlights were probably the mixed meat platter and the Wagyu scotch. The Wagyu was so divine (both taste and melt in the mouth quality) we had to get another one, despite the price.
Sake hot and cold was also a treat.
Definitely a meal to remember for my friends and one that I really enjoyed sharing with them. We will all be back there soon.

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

Dined here with a large group of friends for my husbands birthday last year. We ordered many different dishes to share and had a truly enjoyable evening!

Reviewed 25 February 2016

There are plenty of places to grab sushi in Auckland, but most are tiny cafes where you grab and go. If you're looking to sit down and have a bit of a nicer meal, Ebisu is a great choice. My husband and I shared two sushi rolls and some edamame and it was a perfect portion size to go with our Asahi beers :)

Reviewed 15 February 2016

By no means am I an expert in Japanese food, but this place was delicious! As others have said, the price is heft and portion is small. But I believe the quality and taste of the food more than makes up for it. If you are dining here, you aren't chasing value after all.

2  Thank ImranNZ
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Rate is 0.0

If there is a zero my rate should be zero. Website says to call for 4 people or less bookings. Call in but goes to voicemail at first few attempts saying they are on a strict walk in policy for 4 persons or less. Walk in at 525pm today and spoken to Peter says policy just change the very second I asked him today and they are fully booked for 4s or less. He then said he has a table at 730. A 2 hour wait I guess was ok with all the reviews here. I did ask him if any free tables before 730pm between 530pm when we spoken to please call me. He promised to do so. Just out of no where i decided to walk-in at 650pm to check again. Got surprised and unhappy to find out that the people in front of me (less than 4) that's not booked was given a table straight away. I was next in queue and Peter was surprised. I Kindly asked Peter about why they went ahead and he didn't call me. He had to say a lot, which i felt are all excuses, while did not mind to say sorry or resolve the issue at that instance. Am pretty sure other Resto managers would have a quick resolution here after making a mistake like this RealTime. I can even suggest some if PETER's BOSS or Ebisu SURVEY manager is keen to call me around this feedback. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE and the FIRST time ever for a booking issue like this, not just in NZ but anywhere we have been. Very keen to hear from Peter's boss... Thanks for making today a Very Special Valentines Day Ebisu!