Review Highlights
Amazing trip

Amazing experience with Danielle! We started in Fiji, then went to Queenstown, Ray's Peak, fox... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Dreamer05697392902
30th Wedding Anniversary trip of a lifetime to New Zealand

DRod1965

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Auckland
from $370.00
from $150.00
from $175.00
from $199.00
More Info
All reviews self drive south island cradle mountain new zealand perfect trip travel consultant final itinerary great itinerary gordon river cruise transalpine train port arthur whole month milford sound cruise dream holiday activities planned week honeymoon whale watching
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2024

We've just spent an amazing month in NZ for our 30th Wedding Anniversary, made all the more special by the fantastic itinerary put together for us by Nicole at First Light Travel. Nothing was too much trouble and communication before and during our trip was excellent. Nicole made almost 50 bookings for transport, accommodation and activities on our behalf - and every one of them went seamlessly. New Zealand is a spectacular country to visit and we will definitely be working with Nicole when we go again.

1  Thank DRod1965
Reviewed 14 May 2024 via mobile

I highly recommend the team at First Light Travel. A friend and I recently spent 2 weeks in NZ, the whole trip was organised and booked by Nicole from First Light. Everything ran smoothly, the accommodation was good and all the activities were great. They dealt with all our questions and a few requested changes to the itinerary promptly and courteously.

Date of experience: May 2024
Reviewed 14 May 2024

Looking at the First Light website was very intriguing, however, I was skeptical about using a travel agency. I wanted to do our own trip rather than use the pre-arranged trips First Light offered. After my first phone call with Danielle my skepticism disappeared and I was anxious to see what she could come up with. I gave her broad parameters to work with: 4 specific parks to visit, several specific activities, and then broad generalizations: biking, kayaking, hiking, native/cultural things, and native wildlife but not in a zoo setting. There were 5 people in our party and I thought lodging could be tricky.
Danielle provided the perfect trip for us. She accomplished all the things we asked for with flying colors including seeing native wildlife (The Ortega Peninsula Eco-Restoration Alliance for penguins, snorkeling with dusky dolphins, and the National Kiwi Hatchery), accomplishing the physical activities in fun ways (biking in wine country, kayaking near seals and rays, hiking the national parks), and cultural attractions (Māori cultural event and a castle with gardens). Our trip to visit Milford Sound was spectacular and included a bus ride, a boat ride, and an airplane ride (the sport pilot in our group loved that). My relief at not having to arrange lodging, transportation, and event tickets was tremendous and made the trip of a lifetime even better.
Everything was included on our trip itinerary and it was a comfort knowing First Light had our back if we needed something. A response came quickly when we had a couple of questions while in New Zealand. All the lodging was wonderful and accommodations for 5 did not appear to be a problem.
Thank you so much to Danielle and First Light for giving us a spectacular trip full of wonderful memories of beautiful New Zealand.

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 11 May 2024

Danielle at First Light planned our honeymoon to NZ and Fiji. It was a seamless trip! We just followed the itinerary and loved our experience! We look forward to more trips with Danielle!

Reviewed 10 May 2024

Piper at First Light helped me plan the trip of a lifetime. She listened to all of my thoughts and ideas and crafted a custom itinerary just for me. She found special tours and activities that matched my interest, particularly anything related to the Lord of the Rings! The itinerary was extremely detailed and came with lots of information about other activities in the area if I had additional time. I traveled through both islands and saw so much in three weeks! I ran into very few problems, and when I did, Piper and other staff at First Light responded right away. I was traveling solo most of the time and I felt completely safe and supported. I would highly recommend having First Light plan your trip to New Zealand.

1  Thank Farfalla B