Review Highlights
Perfect Bucket List Trip

First Light Travel planned the perfect trip for our first visit to long-om-our-bucket-list New... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Lynn P
Chicago, Illinois
Great Experience and Great Job on all our Bookings for New Zealand!

Highest of praise for FirstLight Travel (FLT) an incredible team and Natalie, who put together a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Hamiltoncs
Anchorage, Alaska

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Auckland
All reviews self drive south island cradle mountain new zealand perfect trip travel consultant final itinerary great itinerary gordon river cruise transalpine train port arthur whole month milford sound cruise dream holiday activities planned week honeymoon whale watching
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2024

We used First Light to plan a first time 3-week visit to New Zealand. Our consultant Joanna was a pleasure to work with - very professional, responsive and communicative. Our final itinerary was well thought out and reflected our requests.

While in New Zealand, everything went smoothly. Everywhere we traveled, we were expected due to First Light's meticulous planning and follow up. We were well informed on what to expect at each destination.

A couple of our activities were canceled due to inclement weather. When we got home, First Light provided a timely refund.

We would use First Light again with no hesitation.

Date of experience: March 2024
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 24 April 2024

Booking with First Light Travel is great
But, the Ultimate North Island 9 Days package from Grand Pacific Tours don't seems to be value for money.
Besides a more comfortable coach, the rest is similar to normal package.
And also there is no much choice for the meals, prefer buffet dinner rather than set dinner

1  Thank jy j
Reviewed 22 April 2024

Our honeymoon trip was an unforgettable adventure thanks to Flight Light Travel's amazing planning (specifically Danielle Mueth’s). They handled every detail perfectly, from flights and accommodations to exciting activities. We especially loved the scenic flight from Milford Sound and the wine tour around Central Otago with Apallatian Tours - it was a perfect balance of relaxation and adventure. We highly recommend Flight Light Travel, to anyone planning a honeymoon! Make sure you request Danielle as your travel advisor!

1  Thank V3563EPcristinac
Reviewed 21 April 2024

Please may you allow me to send you poto through email kindly iam going to succeed by grace of God am a happy to chat with you

1  Thank Sherpa46068874541
Reviewed 19 April 2024

I have wanted to travel to New Zealand for at least 15 years (I am a big Lord of the Rings fan and I heard about how beautiful NZ was) but never knew when and where to start planning. I have taken trips to other countries, but have always picked a city and stayed there, only venturing a few miles/hours out of the area with a central hotel. With NZ, I knew I had to see as much of the country as I could in 2.5 weeks and see the LOTR filming locations. However, planning a trip to travel the length of the country while seeing all I can was scary to deal with alone. I googled some things and came across First Light Travel. I sent an email stating I would like to be contacted and see if they were a company that could assist me. I got WAY more than I expected. Nicole K with FLT emailed me to get an idea as to the trip I wanted. A few emails later, she had planned the PERFECT trip for myself and my boyfriend! They supplied a customized itinerary as well as a way to contact them if something with the trip went wrong. Luckily, everything went smoothly and I never had to panic and contact them for assistance while in country. I know I would not have been able to plan that trip alone, as Nicole made sure every little detail was perfect. We had a rental car, hotels to stay at every night, adequate time to drive to the next town, a flight from the north island to the south, and even a driver to pick us up from the airport upon our arrival. I would definitely recommend contacting this company if you decide to take the trip of a lifetime and travel to NZ! They do all the work so you don’t have to think twice or stress over the trip. Thank you First Light Travel and Nicole!

Date of experience: March 2024