Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$107
Hotels.comUS$107
ZenHotels.com
PricelineUS$108
eDreamsUS$108
CheapTicketsUS$107
All reviews communal kitchen westfield shopping centre room was clean road noise close to shops needed somewhere short stay great place to stay bus stop visiting auckland would stay again walking distance car park stayed one night enjoyed my stay other guests air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2019

Stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is in prime position for shopping with the new Newmarket Westfield a short walk from hotel with multiple places to eat. We had a twin room which was adequate but a tad small the room would be fine if bed did not have to be split for twin beds. Coffee and tea provided. Great shower - lovely n hot. Room quiet was not disturbed by other guests. Would stay again. With the bonus of onsite car park.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Newmarket H, Front Office Manager at No. 9 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Kia ora,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to leave a review.
I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay. Our location is prime for the new Westfield area, which has opened up many shopping and dining experiences to our guests.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our showers, and in-room amenities, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2019

Very nice place to stay. Great location on the edge of Newmarket. We booked a carpark which made our stay even easier. The staff are helpful and friendly. The kitchen area is excellent with everything you need and is a great place to hang and recharge.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia ora,

Thank you very much for staying with us,and for taking the time leave such a great review.

I am so happy to hear that you booked your carpark spot in advance. We always encourage our guests to pre-book these, as space is limited. Our kitchen is an absolute gem, and I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2019

Haka is close to shops and newly opened Westfield Plaza. Rooms were serviced everyday and staff are approachable and friendly. Common kitchen is sometimes busy, but you just need to find your own schedule for cooking and having your meal. I would recommend staying in this hotel.

Room tip: rooms are secure and clean.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia ora,

I am very happy to hear the you had a great stay. Our housekeeping team really are top of their game, and do a great job keeping our hotel clean.

I am happy to hear that my staff we so great, they really strive to give our guests the best possible experience they can.

Our kitchen can indeed get quite full, but it's certainly large enough to handle all our lovely guests, and I am glad to hear that you found some space to make yourself a tasty meal.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2019

Friendly and warm staff and service. Booked a patio room for the first time. The double glazed windows and sliding door did their job and I didnt hear any street noise or traffic. The kitchen is well equipped. Awesome shower pressure. I love staying at the Haka Hotel.

Room tip: Take your favourite wine and snacks!
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Kia ora,

I am so happy that you had such a great stay with us!

Our communal kitchen is amazing, with everything you need to whip yourself up a gourmet meal. Our shower pressure is amazing, and we have continuously receive praise from our squeak clean guests about it. Our shower heads have two functions on them, one that resembles a torrential downpour, and with the flick of a switch, and nice concentrated massage! I am so happy to hear that you took advantage of this!

We loved having you stay here, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2019 via mobile

Stayed here 3 nights while on business.
I found the person on reception at check in to be unwelcoming and not particularly helpful.
This hotel is described as a hybrid but in reality it feels more like a backpackers. The rooms are tiny with an en-suite and nothing much else although they are clean.
The biggest issue is the road noise, it’s on a busy intersection, the windows are not well sealed or double glazed and there’s traffic noise all night. You can even hear pedestrian conversations from the footpath below.
If you are after a good sleep or travelling for business it’s not somewhere I would recommend. I certainly won’t be staying there again.
If you are after clean budget accommodation and facilities then it’s fine.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Graham A

Kia ora,

We are indeed a Hybrid-hotel, meaning we take the best of both the Hotel and the Hostel industry and combine them into one concept. I am very happy to hear that you found our cleanliness to your expectations, it is one of our pride points.

I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with the noise. We are currently looking into noise dampening techniques, and hope to make headway with that soon.

We are sorry to hear that you won't be staying with us again, hopefully you will reconsider in the future, and will come give us a try again, as we would love to meet your expectations.