“Good service bad food”

Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Devonport
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Two out of three orders were incorrect, 1 burger- which had no complaints and the other two both ordered the mixed grill. 1 had come out with no black pudding and no lamb. Or either the steak or lamb was significantly small that we couldn't tell if it was there or not. We mentioned this to the wait staff who were very quick to correct this for us. It was then after this that they came back and the chef had said that these things were on the plate and we were wrong/lying. I was dining with 2 trained chefs and my dad was a chef at the Sydney opera house. Strangely enough I can see if black pudding is missing or not. They offered to bring it out later so we waited for it whilst tackling the fatty meat they had given us. The black pudding came out and it was raw. I had raw egg, raw black pudding, fatty ribs and nothing else to shout about. The chips were quite nice. Other than the fact they gave me the dish for free as I was still picking fat out of my teeth, I wasn't encouraged to eat there again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 14 October 2018

traditional British Pub in a great suburb of Auckland, friendly service and good ale choices. food was excellent

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Starting point for a 40 year reunion, a great place with atmosphere and Guiness.
The staff were very accomodating and helpful.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Pretty much what you'd expect for an Irish pub offering, luckily not to busy and fire on in the main bar. Some 70's 80's music playing in the background, menu not bad with reasonable selection, food was around average in taste/quality/price, staff friendly.
Good selection of beer on tap. Also do some good specials if your lucky.
Not bad and recommend for a beer and bite if you like these types of offerings.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Good food, good vibe the kind of place it would be easy to make your local watering hole. Loads of different spaces to enjoy a drink and company.

Date of visit: August 2018