“Great place to stay!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dianne M
Brisbane Region, Australia
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Wonderful location , safe and easy walk to ferry and buses. Shops handy and supermarket just across the road. Quiet spot. Friendly and very helpful owners Clean and tidy, really good shower and comfortable beds.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome place”
Reviewed 7 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Very welcoming and helpful. Apartment clean, tidy, safe and comfortable. In such a great location. Good shower. Wifi good. We did not use our car once. Ferry to Auckland just around the corner and plenty of Cafes, banks, parks and the supermarket is just across the road. Nice safe and beautiful little town.

Management Response
8 Apr 2017
Hi Alex
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your lovely review.
Best wishes
David and Gillian
Kerry C
“A perfect spot to stay to explore Devonport and surrounds.”
Reviewed 31 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

The accommodation was sparkling clean and super comfortable. Our hosts were welcoming without being intrusive. It is located a five minute stroll to the beachfront and all the restaurants and cafe's. Devonport feels like a maritime village - a beach holiday haven - not like a suburb of Auckland. We had a lovely time.

Linda K
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and conveniently located”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

I was very happy with this accommodation.

It's conveniently situated at the quiet, residential end of a road leading down to Devonport’s main shopping centre and ferry terminal. The little cottage is set back from the road with a small, shady courtyard. It’s clean, well-equipped and comfortable and has a modern shower room with a drying rack. Though there’s no washing machine, a launderette is situated 5 minutes’ walk away, as is a supermarket with ATMs etc.

My hosts made me very welcome on my arrival and were helpful and thoughtful throughout my stay. I wouldn’t hesitate to book this cottage again.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
jenny_orm...
Linlithgow
“A learning and therapeutic experience”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I stayed in David and Gillian's apartment for the last 10 days of my 8 month student gap year in New Zealand. I found the atmosphere relaxing and a really great end to my New Zealand experience. David and Gillian were kind and helpful, offering liberal advice on healthy eating and looking after the whole person. I hadn't been particularly well and I found my stay gave me the chance to recover and feel ready for the long-haul flight home. I was also given the opportunity to visit the market, the folk club and attend several yoga classes. My hosts prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner for me from freshly prepared vegetables from their own garden. All of this was much more than I had expected and I am very grateful for all the extras given to me.
The property was spacious warm and quiet, despite being in the city centre. It was close to all amenities and shops and the harbour.
David and Gillian were cool people and I am really glad to have had the opportunity to stay with them. (Jamie, 18 years old)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendliness of the hosts
Liked least: Nothing that I disliked
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Jul 2015
Thank you for reviewing us.
Gillian and I hope all is going well for you.
Best wishes
David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing