“A lovely characterful b&b in a very handy position.”

Peace and Plenty Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Devonport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This is a gem being a well restored property stuffed full of artefacts and with a very welcoming hostess. The rooms are well stocked with ours on the first floor having a very spacious bathroom and balcony. Breakfasts were generous and well cooked freshly for you. It is situated just off the sea front in the heart of Devonport but it is peaceful, no traffic noise. Judy rang our hire car company for us to arrange a pick up to take us to their office which was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Devenport itself is very special. Just a short ferry ride from busy Auckland it has peace and tranquility, character and history and is a great place to base youself from. You will go a long way to find anywhere better than P & P. A historical and quirky building with great and comfortable rooms and wonderful host in Judy. Breakfasts are fantastic and we particularly liked mixing with the other travellers and sharing their adventures. Top notch.
One word of caution. Due to its proximity to the Town you can here the entertainment from the local hosteleries until 11.30 ish. If you are an early sleeper you may be affected.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Stayed as a couple for a couple of nights at weekend.
Meet and greet fine. Judy the owner went through the hotel room compendium with us to make sure everything was covered off.
Building and room itself was packed with character with most surfaces having stuff like flowers, port, glasses, vases, bottles of creme and so on which I guess some would label clutter and struggle with but we coped with fine.
Joe the puppy made his presence felt to start off with but soon got his marching orders and didn't present an issue.
Breakfast was yummy and served on a long table shared with other guests. This took me out of my comfort zone to start with but we soon got talking and began to relax.
Devonport itself is cute by Auckland standards and prices reflect that. My guess is that this hotel is mid priced for the area but does offer an olde-worlde charm beyond what will be found elsewhere in the area.
The area itself is quiet so a good night's sleep should be available. The building is authentic so floors can creak when people upstairs move about. I guess this could bother some but we just found it added to the authenticity and overall experience.
Our shower bathroom was small by some standards but was perfectly adequate - I am over 6 foot tall so if I can fit so should most. I'm not sure what people who grumble about this are doing in their bathroom - a highland fling perhaps.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2017

What a charming well-maintained heritage in the lovely genteel Devonport area near the seaside! We're welcomed by the hostess Judy and her doggies who greeted my boys to laughters. We're also surprised in awe in the historical deco and beddings which looked much more beautiful than in pictures. The port and shelly wine in each room was definitely a great delight to add! One of our rooms was upgraded free of charge upon another traveller's cancellation. The breakfast was also impeccable, very homecoming.

Judy -- thank you so much for finding out my USB charger!

Hope my family can come back very soon and stay here again!

Wish you good health and happiness!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

This B&B was my first hotel on my trip. I felt immediately wellcomed. The lady who is running the hotel is such a sweetheart. She brings the life to the hotel.
The rooms are all in victorian style,you feel like 100 years ago. But all the comfort is 21.century. The bed was very comfy, the rooms are all clean and you'll have enough space. In the first room, I had a little balcony, that was perfect to watch the sunrise in the morning. In the second room (I needed to change room,but that was never a problem), I had a bathtube. All the bathrooms are equipped with shampoo,conditioner,hand wash and body wash and also a body lotion. Not just cheap ones,but very good ones.
The breakfast ist from 8 till 9,you will sit on a long table,or small ones. I sat on the long table,so I had conversations with people from all over the world. You'll get a range of cereals,fresh fruit,yoghurt,bacon,eggs,waffles...everything you like. Cooked by the lovely owner.

I loved to stay there and hope to get back!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devonport
0.2 km away
3.5 km away
CityLife Auckland
CityLife Auckland
#8 of 65 in Auckland Central

Been to Peace and Plenty Inn? Share your experiences!