“Worst McDonalds ever”

McDonald's
Ranked #6 of 6 Quick Bites in Dannevirke
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

I have been to McDonalds in Dannevirke a number of times while passing through the town. I have not yet found the experience to be worthy of the good international reputation that McDonalds enjoys. I always hoped that the next experience would be better than the last. But alas ... yesterday was the worst ever. It took twenty minutes for my order to get to me. And from the complaints from the fifteen people waiting for their orders I guessed they were not happy either. When my order came the staff member mumbled what sounded like "Sorry 'bout the wait" but she didn't strike me as sorry nor did I seem to matter to her as she did not look at me and was fiddling with something behind the counter when she made her mumble. I walked over a dirty floor in search of a clean table but could not find one. So I chose the least dirty one. After finishing my meal, which seemed to be a little chewier than I thought was normal, I took my tray to the overflowing rubbish bin ... Overall a lousy and dirty restaurant, staff with no sense of customer service, and the most poorly managed McDonalds I have ever seen. As much as I love McDonalds I will not return to the Dannevirke restaurant. I'll try KFC next time I pass through.

Date of visit: December 2016
4  Thank George_B_Baxter

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

This would have to be the worst visit to McDonald I've ever experienced. My hotcakes were reheated and tasted terrible and my "barrister made vanilla latte" just tasted like yukky stronge black coffee. Disappointing!!!!

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank TiffanyW2048
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My family recently moved to Dannevirke in the last two weeks (12 August) in which time we visited McDonald's for breakfast. On walking in, I noticed it looked ,very dirty & messy. We ordered our food & then went to find a table. We could not find a clean table, so we had to sit at a dirty table, hoping someone saw us & would come over to clear & wipe table down. No one came. So I went to the mcafe & asked the lady if someone could clean our table, she said the lady (cleaner) would be over to do it soon as she was in process of cleaning other tables that weren't occupied. I looked over to see her (so very slowly) wiping tables, & could see she wasn't too fussed about working in any pace except snail pace. We were annoyed at this point. We got our food & still no lady to clean our table, the food was sub standard. My daughter got nuggets with mustard sauce, we opened one & it looked off, it had a weird looking hard skin on the top. I looked at the expiry date & it was best before June 30 2016. Back to the counter to see the server I went.. Only to be told would we like another mustard sauce? I said well is it going to be another out of date one, cause I don't want it? She said they had no more left & they had ordered more but just wanted to sell the old ones first.. Is that even legal?!? I declined her offer & walked away in discust. We haven't been back to the store since then. Unacceptable 100% 😡

Date of visit: August 2016
3  Thank kirstenes2016
Reviewed 15 August 2016

At 50 years of age i don't recall ever being kicked out of anywhere but thats exactly what happened last night when i very calmly advised the manager that our meal was substandard. I cant believe this is part of an international chain. There was nothing right with the food which in itself was bad enough but the poor action of the manager was truly shocking. He didn't even know what my compliant was, I didn't get the chance to tell him. Being the owner of a few business myself I feel sorry for the franchise holder but then maybe that's well the fault lies.

Date of visit: August 2016
8  Thank JoM3166
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

This McDonalds seems to have spent all the money on technology and forgotten about staff. Although there were at least 2 machines down.
Staff were scruffy, helpful and almost incompetent. Was given meal after 15minutes waiting, no knives and forks and missed items.
Maybe they should be spending less money on a fancy restaurant with all the trimmings and think about their staff. Training would go a long way to lifting the morale.

Date of visit: July 2016