“Appalling”

McDonald's
Ranked #6 of 6 Quick Bites in Dannevirke
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My family recently moved to Dannevirke in the last two weeks (12 August) in which time we visited McDonald's for breakfast. On walking in, I noticed it looked ,very dirty & messy. We ordered our food & then went to find a table. We could not find a clean table, so we had to sit at a dirty table, hoping someone saw us & would come over to clear & wipe table down. No one came. So I went to the mcafe & asked the lady if someone could clean our table, she said the lady (cleaner) would be over to do it soon as she was in process of cleaning other tables that weren't occupied. I looked over to see her (so very slowly) wiping tables, & could see she wasn't too fussed about working in any pace except snail pace. We were annoyed at this point. We got our food & still no lady to clean our table, the food was sub standard. My daughter got nuggets with mustard sauce, we opened one & it looked off, it had a weird looking hard skin on the top. I looked at the expiry date & it was best before June 30 2016. Back to the counter to see the server I went.. Only to be told would we like another mustard sauce? I said well is it going to be another out of date one, cause I don't want it? She said they had no more left & they had ordered more but just wanted to sell the old ones first.. Is that even legal?!? I declined her offer & walked away in discust. We haven't been back to the store since then. Unacceptable 100% 😡

Date of visit: August 2016
3  Thank kirstenes2016

Reviewed 15 August 2016

At 50 years of age i don't recall ever being kicked out of anywhere but thats exactly what happened last night when i very calmly advised the manager that our meal was substandard. I cant believe this is part of an international chain. There was nothing right with the food which in itself was bad enough but the poor action of the manager was truly shocking. He didn't even know what my compliant was, I didn't get the chance to tell him. Being the owner of a few business myself I feel sorry for the franchise holder but then maybe that's well the fault lies.

Date of visit: August 2016
8  Thank JoM3166
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

This McDonalds seems to have spent all the money on technology and forgotten about staff. Although there were at least 2 machines down.
Staff were scruffy, helpful and almost incompetent. Was given meal after 15minutes waiting, no knives and forks and missed items.
Maybe they should be spending less money on a fancy restaurant with all the trimmings and think about their staff. Training would go a long way to lifting the morale.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Oh my word... placed order after waiting to be served. .. no one organised or really interested. You think you are stopping and know what you will get ...but aaaaahhhh .. no not this time .. they cleared our order and luckily we were on to it and saw it happen but still took another 5 mins for me to politely talk to someone ... the only person here who seemed to care was the girl in glasses who at least showed some urgency.. and of course the poor girl who was left to put the order together working on her own out the back .... this would be the worst maccas experience ever ... so disorganized and not even busy .. good luck to the new owner cos something needs to change..by the way it takes me a great deal to complain like this!

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank dang262015
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Well this was disappointing. The slowest most disorganized McDonalds that I have ever been with. No urgency from any of the staff. Slow to be served. Slow to get order. Then they cancelled order so didn't even get it until we asked why everyone else was getting their order before ours. Then ran out of food. Lucky that it was not overly busy otherwise would have been in big trouble. Work as a team guys and communicate with your customers

Date of visit: May 2016