“Perfect ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Difficult to find such as special place like this.
Many thanks :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed 6 October 2016

This restaurant is characterised by Guglielmo and his seafood cuisine. G is the antithesis of Gordon Ramsey, a gentle, polite and patient chef, who enjoys taking his time to explain what he has to offer (and it is fabulous).
The decore is not to everyones taste but it is "lavish". The food and service are the stars, and G himself.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We dined here last night and it was absolutely delightful. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and in excellent condition. Signore Guglielmo and Ana took great care of us this evening. He was very detailed in explaining his fresh fish offerings for that night and very patient as I understand Italian but I don't speak it fluently.

He prepared starters of fresh gnocchi in a pomodoro sauce for my wife and a lighty smoked swordfish for me. He also brought a small tasting of the gnocchi for me. Both were outstanding! The swordfish was thinly sliced on a bed of fresh crisp lettuce and drizzled with an olive oil, vinegar and lemon dressing, seasoned with salt and pepper just right. The gnocchi was light, the pomodoro sauce was as fresh and flavorful as we have ever had.

We then had a seafood fagioli soup which included calamari and shrimp, very hearty and tasty. We were getting full and concerned that we would not be able to enjoy our second piatti.

Our main came, branzino grilled and simply served with fresh lemons on the side. The fish was about 2 pounds, so it was a good size for the two of us. The plates were oven-hot and I could still hear the juices sizzling. It was grilled to perfection and expertly seasoned, no need to add anything to it! The skin was crispy, the fish was amazing, even my wife enjoyed it as she is not a big fan of fish. The seasoning, the fresh lemon juice and the freshness of the fish was absolutely fantastic.

We had no room for dessert so we just enjoyed the rest of our rosè and watched the dining room get fuller. Signore Guglielmo and his wife Ana took personal care of everyone. He noticed that I got up to get a look at the fresh fish that he was displaying to a table and then decided to bring the various offerings to our table for us to look at before serving them to his other customers, it was so kind of him to interact with us to that level. He takes great pride in his cuisine and it is obvious how precise he is with his preparations. It was a high level show of great cuisine.

We will be back as we are staying nearby for ten days.

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

I can't have fresher scampi , I can't have fresher Sicilian prawns, I can't have fresher sea bass , I can't have a better service! Guglielmo you are the best!better service

Reviewed 3 April 2015

I've had dinner at Il Delicato twice in the past 4 months, and I have only positive words to say.

First and foremost, about the food. The fish is incredibly fresh, and you can totally taste it in its entirety when prepared raw or marinated. You can tell they care about quality, as well as presentation.
Especially for those not used to the way Italians approach a fine fish meal, I recommend eating a bunch of different appetizers (especially the raw ones, which are delicious!) followed by a main course, either pasta/soup or some baked/grilled fish.

Mr. Guglielmo, the owner, is incredibly nice and helpful, and you can really tell he's trying to create a friendly and cozy atmosphere for all of his customers. The dining room is intimate and quiet enough. Overall the environment, although a bit kitsch in the way it's furnished, is really classy.

Very good value for money.

My favorites:
- The raw scampi and gamberoni (long shrimps) are terrific and always super fresh.
- Tuna tartare
- Baked capesante (Mediterranean Scallops)
- Fish and beans soup
- Polenta with schie (a small type of seafood)
- The branzino, in any way (European seabass)

2  Thank Alessandro S