“"Magical"”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Casale

The dining area next to the pool
The front of il Casale The comfortable pool area and countryside beyond
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The front of il Casale
The comfortable pool area and countryside beyond
Another dining area under a pergola at the front of the house
Looking out from the pergola at the front of the house
View of the shady dining area next to the pool
View of the large 11x5m pool with the house beyond
Looking back to the house from the pool
Ample and comfortable seating area for eight
The comfortable open plan living room
Spacious open plan living area
Bespoke kitchen with new appliances and wooden counters
The dual aspect double bedroom
The stone-walled double bedroom
One of the twin rooms
One of the twin rooms
The large family bathroom
The pool and dining area lit for an evening meal
The pool and dining area illuminated in the evening
Flowering oleanders and a view of the countryside from the front garden
The side of the house from the driveway
Views of the Sibilini Mountains from the front of il Casale
Views from nearby Colmurano
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

York, United Kingdom
“"Magical"”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

What a wonderful property, superb location. We have just returned from 2 weeks holiday at Casale and loved it, the views from all round the house were spectacular.The directions from the airport were spot on and we found the house with no difficulty (Which was a first as we have been lost on many occasions in Italy following badly translated directions!!) The house felt more like a home than a holiday rental, very well equipped with kitchen utensils and crockery. All pool and beach towels provided and plenty of bedding. There are 2 outside areas which we used every day and plenty of poolside beds. The area is beautiful and had no trouble in finding days out and places to eat, thanks to the information we were given by the owners .Nathan ,the man who looks after the property was very helpful, nothing was too much trouble and had been to clean the pool before we were up. All in all a brilliant place and have no hesitation in recommending Casale.

Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Liz H
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Rural Idyll”
Reviewed 21 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Just back from a fabulous holiday at Il Casale. Lovely comfortable house with all mod cons situated in midst of Le Marche countryside. Easily slept 8 of us and yeah! Comfy beds, good linen and oodles of towels.

Fabulous pool and garden - all well looked after by the very helpful and charismatic neighbour Nathan.

Liked best: The Pool
Liked least: The road
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Rocco6074...
Boston, Massachusetts
“HEAVEN on EARTH”
Reviewed 12 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I’ve stayed at Il Casale about 12 times. Obviously, Il Casale is a very special place to me. My first trip was with my brothers and friends in 2002. I was unmarried and had the time and income to travel freely, and I always tried to spend at least a week in Colmurano, at Il Casale.

Over the years I’ve returned with friends and family and stayed at Il Casale ten times in less than four years. Luigi and his wife Fiorella took great pride in the property and were incredible hosts. I returned to Colmurano on other occasions and stayed elsewhere…it was wonderful, but just not the same.

In 2005 I married and we had children. Time and income were impacted. Prior to my most recent trip in August 2014, we ventured back once with our first child, when he was six months old (he’s now 8). We had not returned to Il Casale since. During our absence it was sold to the current owners, Clare and her husband.

I 2014 we ventured to Europe for a month long trip to attend my brother's wedding and take the kids to visit friends. For six months prior to our trip I spoke to my boys daily about Il Casale, Colmurano and our friends there, Le Marche, Italy, etc. I showed them pictures of the home and we watched every video I could find about Colmurano and Le Marche. We could not wait to get there!

Our 2014 was awesome. Our time spent in Colmurano, at Il Casale was great! . I went to bed at night happier, more relaxed and less stressed than I had been in years. I was in a town I adore, at a house I love with my family and my kids, and they were overjoyed. We had a great time.

It is a wonderful home in a unique, rural place. It seems isolated, but it is a quick and easy trip to town. The only thing it lacks is internet. Cell coverage for us was spotty and as there was no landline telephone I did fret at times about how to handle an emergency (prior to having kids, I never thorough about it).

The new owners made some great improvements. I hear they have many more coming.

Clare and her husband have wisely arranged for Luigi to maintain the property (he is a wonderful man and an perfect host). While there, we had a pool issue and Luigi helped to rectify it, but it was the new owners who resolved issue fairly. We are thrilled by their resolution and cannot wait to return!

We truly love Il Casale and Colmurano.

Liked best: Location, pool, Luigi
Liked least: No internet- spotty cell reception
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
JonReeves...
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely property in a very special area.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Our third visit with family and friends Spring, Autumn and now Summer! Beautiful rugged countryside exquisite in Autumn. Casale is very comfortable and well appointed with a homely style in an excellent location. Impressive mountains, gorges, forests and lakes to explore in close proximity. Fabulous food in this area - eating out and produce available is great. Very warm people - the Marche folk are curious and welcoming - this doesn't feel touristy here. We are well looked after by the owners local rep - nothing is too much trouble. Shopping is interesting and convenient. In the very hot summer the pool is a delight but don't spend all your time there as there is so much to see and do locally and short drives easily reach a great variety of historical, cultural and natural treats. It is very peaceful and inspiring and we can't wait to return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very comfortable great location
Liked least: Driving in Rome! Fine in Le Marche.
Travelling group: Other
Large groups
Bron B
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely comfortable house, stunning countryside & so much to see and do (or not!)”
Reviewed 24 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

A very comfortable, well-equipped farmhouse in a stunning location, il Casale has the feel of a much-loved family home. The gardens are lovely with areas of sun and shade at any time of the day and the pool is fabulous. (Try a swim in the dark before bed - the best!) Thanks to Luigi (go there and you'll find out who he is!), everything is kept in perfect order. We especially enjoyed eating outside under the pergola, with the Sibilline mountains as a superb backdrop, watching the sun set and the moon rise. And there are so many fascinating places to explore as well. One could spend a month there and still hardly scratch the surface. This was my second visit and I was delighted that the friends accompanying me also fell in love with il Casale. Already arranged the next one! Bron Blake 23 June - 7 July 2012

Liked best: The ambience
Liked least: Negotiating the unmade road
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing