All reviews bar menu soup lovely old building three course meal value for money lovely hotel both nights lovely grounds evening meal dance floor lovely room on the small side bed was comfortable duty manager toast main course steak
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We spent one night here last weekend. The room was very nice , quiet and comfortable , if a little small. We had paid for a superior double and expected a little more room. However overall I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff were all excellent . Very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Even located safety pins for our wedding button holes. The breakfast was hot and well cooked. I would re visit if ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

First and last time I stay at this hotel. I stay a lot for business in the area. My the Lady at breakfast is nothing but rude. Breakfast here is a cluster joke. Staff not friendly at all. Hotel is lovely from outside. Front desk never staffed. Rooms need updating. I think the Ladies name at breakfast was Michelle and I have to say she was rude and needs some attention to detail. People before me sat down. Their breakfast order taken before me. Really rude staff. I will never stay at this hotel again due to the rude waiter staff. Put some customer focus in. Respect your guests paying over £65 a night and get this hotel in order. I would rather pay half the money and stay at a travel lodge where the staff are so much more friendly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank benson1977
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Just really nice from arriving to leaving..faultless...fresh room...speedy delivery of food...attention to detail at breakfast...struggled with wifi..and our room had no view..which was a shame..but..even the wall we saw was clean and beautifully pointed ...looking forward to being "away" again....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shopkaz56
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel via a recommendation from a relative. The hotel grounds were stunning and a very spacious car park. We stayed on a Saturday night and wasn’t too busy. The reception staff weren’t very helpful and basically told us to read the information ourselves. We opted out of putting a card on file to put drinks on the room, however we were charged for drinks that weren’t bought by us.

The bedrooms were pretty small considering we booked with a 7 month old child, a travel cot just fitted between a double bed and single. The bathroom was great and looked newly refurbished however the bedroom was slightly outdated but comfortable. We had breakfast included with the room and the spread was amazing! The breakfast staff were very accommodating and nothing was too much hassle.

Overall I would stay here again when visiting family, but would probably ask if there is a bigger room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Shabby room , board for a bed , and a rattly generator outside the window equals very tired and dissatisfied guests. Reception offered a half hearted apology and shrugged his shoulders. Showed little interest. Very good breakfast and nice staff do not compensate for the rest of the hotel.!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple