US$320
Melia.com
Allegro Isora(Playa de la Arena)
US$192
  • Breakfast included
US$236
US$199
  • Beachfront
Dragos Del Sur(Puerto de Santiago)
US$74
  • Pool
Ona El Marques(Santiago del Teide)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Restaurant
Royal Sun Resort(Los Gigantes)
US$159
  • Restaurant
Rok Plaza(Alcala)
7,792 results
All reviewsinfinity poolfamily poolmarket grillbuffet restaurantpiano bargarden roomred levelsensatori guestsbeautiful hotelsalt waterbooking systema la carte restaurantsclub oceanthe wow factorwaiter servicepirate shipthe sofa bed
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Great spot and hotel.
The negatives are in our experience the service and staff is not up to scratch for this level of hotel . This is compared to 5star hotels I have stayed in around the world.

The infinity pool is huge . It is salt water but I prefer as you're not having chemicals on your skin. The water is a little cooler but refreshing.there is a selection of pools.

rooms are clean and spacious. Make sure your room is not over the kitchens as this is noisy.

You need to book the restaurants well in advance to avoid disappointment .good buffet and it has been freshly stocked each time . You can have a queue to get a seat and feel a little herded in like cattle.

It's a great resort and kept really clean and fresh but my criticism is that many of the staff are just not what I expect at this level of hotel.

For me the location is great out of the way but if you like to be in the hub of it all then you may want to think again.

The beach is black sand and the sea has been pretty rough .

We are not paying full price so it presents good value but if you were some of these things may bother you.

Drinks are the usual hotel price so if you consume a lot of beverages you may want to look at the inclusive options.

There are daily activities.

There is a red level if you want more luxury and privacy.

Room Tip: Not over the Pangea kitchens
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie B
Álvaro C, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear Ms. Debbie B,

I would like to begin by thanking you for choosing Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora and for sharing such a thorough review about your recent stay.

We regret if the aspects you mentioned did not meet your expectations and you may rest assured that I have already transmitted your comments to our staff in order to avoid a similar perceptions in the future, since we always make efforts to provide exceptional experiences during our guests’ stay.
Additionally, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and rooms, as well as the variety of dishes served at our Pangea buffet.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.
Best regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2016

My wife and I stayed in the Red Level at Gran Melia and were amazed and delighted from our arrival; the most outstanding aspect of this hotel is its 100% commitment to service, the staff are wonderful, every last one of them. The hotel is quite large but it's been designed to feel intimate, particularly at Red Level, where your every whim is pandered to.The gardens are beautifully laid out and tended, did I say, the staff are wonderful, I think I did but it's worth saying again! Our room was spacious, with Clarins products refreshed every day, a good sized TV and the wifi works everywhere.

The rest of the hotel is wonderfully laid out with fountains, waterfalls, a good selection of bars and 5 or 6 restaurants.

On the downside, the restaurants are patchy in quality, but not at Red Level, where the menu is varied and of excellent quality.

We had a simply wonderful time at this hotel, we've often said 'we'll be back' and then we don't go, but we'll certainly be back to this amazing hotel.

Be careful where you go for meals but don't let that put you off; go B&B and choose from the good selection of local bars and restaurants.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your review about your stay with us at TripAdvisor.

It has been a pleasure to have you here for your holiday and we are delighted to know that you spent a memorable time in our Hotel and you enjoyed our facilities and gardens.
Furthermore, we thank you for your kind words regarding our staff who daily strive with dedication and passion in order to create unique experiences with us.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Red Level at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.
With best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

I am a Travel Agent and have visited many top class hotels and mid range hotels and I would just ask you to listen to my feedback on this hotel. The Hotel is a beautiful hotel with some lovely pool areas and the rooms are also beautiful that is where my compliments end, this could be a hotel with no faults, but they get the important things wrong. This hotel is Sold as Sensatori in the UK and but is actually called the Gran Melia Palacio De Isora Resort and Spa, the sevice you receive is Abysmal at best, I have received better service in a Hostel. It all seems to much trouble to Smile and give you a good service from 80% of the Staff here. When Asking for drinks at the pool I get asked to press the buzzer by the waiter when I had and had been waiting for there service for 20 mins plus, I would have been more than happy to go to the bar to order, but keep getting asked to press a buzzer or ignored by the bar staff. This seems to happen at most of the bars you have to wait for the waiter rather than being served at the bar, wouldn't be a problem but sometimes you don't get served by the waiter more often than not to be honest. The Staff at both the pool concierge and the Market grill would roll there eyes and huff at you because everything seem to much trouble to help the people that should matter to them, the guests I was just disgusted. When it comes to the food the Buffet restaurant is disgraceful, the food everything but things you get cooked freshly is cold and getting the people to actually cook you something is an effort as they would rather chat and laugh with the other members of staff. We had bad stomachs for a couple of days, being myself, wife and seven year old daughter and this can only been because of the poor food being supplied to us. I complained the the Sensatori Rep (Laura)on the second, third and fourth day, but the managers always seemed to be in a meeting so nothing was ever done, no one came to see I kept having to chase them but nothing was ever done. I promise you, you pay a lot of money to come to this hotel, book to go to the Bahia Costa Adeje the rooms aren't as plush but the service and food are excellent, do not waste your hard earned money on this hotel. I booked all inclusive to find that the hotel is not exactly all inclusive, you have to sign for everything and take a bit long list with you to check that you are able to have the drink of your choice, then at meal times not everything on the list is included as there are different rules for this, all in all very confusing, please feel free to contact me on 0 1 6 0 3 7 4 8 7 4 6 and I would be happy to give you some information. Thanks for listening to me, Freddie Skelton

5  Thank Freddie S
Álvaro C, Red Glove Service Manager at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Dear Mr. Skelton,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us through TripAdvisor and for choosing our resort for your holiday.

We regret if your stay with us did not meet your expectations, although we appreciate your compliments on our rooms and facilities. Rest assured that your comments have already been forwarded to our team, since it is not our intention in any way for our guests to have the perception you describe of our services. Please do not hesitate that we will keep working in the aspects you mentioned, in order to be able to fully satisfy our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon to Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora.
Best regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Overall a very enjoyable stay the breakfast buffet needs massive improvement the food is poor quality for a 5 star hotel and red level family need their own breakfast space and separate buffet
The breakfast selection that you order from the kitchen in adult red level needs improving as their is not much choice and they never get it right I think the chef needs training properly training

Room Tip: Offer softer mattresses
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear Ms. patriciaaF8105GB,

Thank you for choosing Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora for your holiday as well for the time spent to share your recent experience in our resort.

We regret if our breakfast did not meet your expectations and you may rest assured that I will personally forward your comments to our Food & Beverage Department in order to keep improving day by day in our proposal to the service excellence.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to Tenerife.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Let me start by saying that we hope to be staying at the Gran Melia again. We are well travelled and love our holidays and the Gran Melia met and exceeded most of our expectations. Our 3 year old had not stopped talking about the place since our return. The food, the ambience, the rooms and the overall experience - all amazing even though most of our time was spent at the Pirate Ship pool, and that's saying something. Our only mild complaint was when a conference took over the hotel. This created more activity and "stress" at mealtimes but that was only because our peace & tranquility was disturbed - selfish of us really not wanting to share! Thank you for giving us great memories Gran Melia.

Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear Ms. Yasemin R,

Firstly, thank you for taking a bit of your time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

It is a heartily pleasure to know that you have enjoyed a relaxing and memorable stay at Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora. We are very glad to know that our staff, as well as our facilities have exceeded your expectations since our guests’ satisfaction is our most important objective.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon for another perfect stay with us.
Kind regards,