“Michelin”

Price range: US$57 - US$170
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2018

During my visit in Italy I found this restaurant with lot of review and highly suggestions. So I decided to try. The Michelin chef really impressed me. The best in these Michelin star places are to taste totally different and new thing you never see before. Created tastes and really interesting and nice. Highly suggest to go and try.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 16 April 2018

On the first page of La Madernassa's menu, chef Mammoliti outlines his culinary philosophy and lists an impressive number of top chefs and restaurants with whom he has apprenticed. One of these is Alain Ducasse's 3-Michelin star, Le Louis XV in Monaco. Having dined at both, I can honestly say that chef Mammoliti's food was better.

I have many food intolerances so instead of choosing specific dishes from the menu, I put myself in chef Mammoliti's hands and asked him to prepare anything he wanted for me. I'm happy I did. Everything he made was seasonal, balanced, and quite simply, delicious. His flavours were at times light, often complex but always skillfully done. Here and there he incorporated amusing touches like his beetroot amuse bouche that resembled the red, crunchy coating on a candy apple but tasted like beets.

His ingredients were fresh and locally sourced, in fact, some were from his greenhouse, just steps from the kitchen. Of the three courses he prepared for me, my second course, a spring herb risotto was my favourite. It was bright green and exquisite - like the essence of spring. I shamelessly cleaned my plate with tiny loaves of his home-made chestnut-grain bread that had a texture like cake, paired perfectly with the food, and tasted like candy when dipped in a little bowl of Ligurian olive oil that they served on the side.

The staff were helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable. They were able to describe the dishes in detail and answer our questions about the ingredients. The wine list was varied, lengthy, and not at all expensive. Same for the dinner which we thought was really inexpensive considering the quality and quantity of the dishes and how generous they were with amuse bouche and petit fours.

I'd happily drive there again just to eat at his restaurant. I'm curious to know what he creates with summer, fall and winter ingredients.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We have experienced the interesting mixture between the japanese and italian kitchen before. We have also experienced top of the shelf italian cuisine at quite a lot of occasions. But here, in the company of Chef Michelangelo Mammoliti and his skilled crew, we had to bow our heads. The food is excellent prepared, each serving carefully executed and in a very subtle balance between the two kitchens. But, what we fell for the most was the expression of emotions in every dish. In my opinion is this, the abillity to interpret, the most important measure when it comes to gourmet food.
I had one of the best meals in a very long time at this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We reviewed this place prior to booking as it sounded great ; a one star Michelin restaurant, a lounge bar, spa , gym, swimming pool, wellness centre. It had everything or so the Website said so we booked 3 nights.

We arrived and were welcomed by a friendly Martha who took us through the "Resort" lay out.

"The jacuzzi is there but it is cold, the swimming pool is up the road about 120 meters it too is cold."
Ok understand the pool being cold it is mid September.

"The restaurant is by the pool, the gym is open and you can book the wellness centre just call me"

As I have said Martha was friendly and welcoming but a cold jacuzzi?

Oh well we retired to our rooms to freshen up for dinner. Asked Martha to book us a table in the restaurant. "Sorry the restaurant is fully booked tonight oh and the next night and the next night with a wedding."

Ok so we should have booked when we booked the rooms our fault? or maybe told the restaurant was unavailable!

So we decided we would you go and have a drink in the lounge bar and work out a dinner plan. "Sorry the lounge bar is for smoking cigars"

"so no bar here at the resort", "sorry no" but Alba is only 10ks away.

So this "resort" had no bar, a restaurant that had to be booked months in advance and nowhere else to eat on site, a cold jacuzzi!

This is not a resort to my mind.

The rooms were pleasant and the view ok in the distance. The breakfast was reasonable without being outstanding and the staff friendly.

But, and to me it is a big but, the amenities are non-existent. A real disappointment.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Wanaklions
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, "de gustibus non disputandum est" but Excellent is minimum for my review.
Location, kitchen, service is a good mix and already awarded, since November 2016.

Tried menù "Emozione". Enjoyed it the most with a mention of honour for the dessert. It is the experience of feeling to be part of a journey, an ambitious one, of the whole Staff, hungry enough to deliberately talk about their next aim: the second Star.
Location adds a plus.

You may consider following insight: involve even more the customer to deep dive into tastes and ingredients. Still searching to distinguish for elegance and respect (be close but avoid excessive confidence).

Good luck Chef, and congratulations to whole Team for a job very well done!

Date of visit: July 2017