All reviews pod of dolphins superb cuisine amazing hosts native birds honey moon pohutukawa tree snapper wonderful weekend hauraki gulf relaxing stay bridal suite little things magical wedding city life minute ferry ride night stay stayed here for nights
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful stay, we were totally spoilt by the lovely Irish managers. The room was beautiful, and the view amazing. The food was fantastic and they went out of their way to ensure a wonderful stay. Thanks again we will be back!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

An absolute treat at the retreat , is how I would describe The Beach House. Luke and Karina are wonderful hosts and Karina Top Chef! I The most relaxing time , bush walks, the sound of Weka & Tui, just heaven.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I recently travelled to Kawau Island with my sister and my parents to celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. First impressions of The Beach House in Vivian Bay by boat were magical. We were met by a friendly young lady and guided the short walk to our accomodation. The views, the incredible meals, the friendly service and the well appointed rooms were excellent. We walked, we dined, we laughed and it was a wonderful way to mark a special occasion. Everything was perfect. Thank you to our hosts for making this weekend one to remember. Hopefully I'll return next year with my husband to mark our 40th wedding anniversary. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather go. Kind Regards Coryl

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to The Beach House. It was my first visit, Karena & Luke made sure I felt most welcome. Karena cooked some fantastic food & also took the time to talk about the local area & inhabitants (weka, wallabies, kiwis).
The wind blew up & the temperature dropped but I felt quite cosy reading with the woodburner in the dining/sitting-room area.
If the weather had been better I would have made use of the free paddle-boards & kayaks to paddle around the bay.
There's a walking track accessible from the beach rewarding your efforts with good views of the island.

Room tip: Take swimmers, light walking shoes (triainers) & a good book.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Roodles_23
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Gorgeous setting, on the beach with bush backdrop. The "Courtyard" room we stayed in was very average and basic (could do with more interior flair and bathroom tiles need work - smelt damp) but hospitality from the new Irish managers, Karena and Luke was fantastic. Karena is a superb cook with amazing food and lovely extra touch's and Luke was a great host. Nothing was too much trouble and any request greeted with a smile. Would definitely recommend for a short break away from the madness of city life and definitely book a beachfront room if within budget.

Room tip: Book a room with seaview if in your budget to make the most of your experience.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
luke_and_karina, Manager at The Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you so much Wendy, it was a pleasure to have you and Greg over the weekend!
We are both flattered that you enjoyed our casual but attentive approach to customer service. It gives us reassurance on our new adventure here at the beach house, Kawau Island. We agree the "Courtyard" room is in need of some vitality and will be refurbished in the coming few months. We look forward to being your 'go to' escape... until then. :)