Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience East Coast Paddler
from US$56.59
More Info
All reviews hot pools intro lesson whanau adventure nature van
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Kids turned up for session. Instructors and organisers were support fun and friendly. Kids had an amazing time and can't wait to go again.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 4 July 2018

An organised tour to one of NZ most stunning fresh water springs cultivated by years of purification underground before reaching the surface. Lucky to be able to paddle board upon the blue green lush Hamurana stream before darting off on a water taxi on Tarawera for a soak in the natural hot spring. A fine day out under their guidance.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Eastcoast Paddler provide an amazing service, top quality gear & go the extra mile in service. I’ve attended many times solo & you fell like part of the family.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I feel so honored that I could take part in 2 trips with Porina and East Coast Paddler SUP Mauao. Both times it was such an authentic and fun experience for me. Paddling in this incredible scenery with such great people is one of those moments I will never forget. Both trips were amazing! May there be many more paddle adventures to come! Much aroha!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I consider myself extremely lucky to have received an invite to a Lake Rotoiti SUP event last weekend via facebook.........well it turned out to be more of a gathering of a fun bunch of people looking for an adventure with a bit of difference.

Porina organised the van, the trailer and the pickup points for all 8 of us...as well as a detailed email with a list of all we needed.....dry knickers and headlamps included.
So after a couple of "pickups", we were on our way to the fringes of Lake Rotoiti for a paddle to Manupirau Hot Pools.

The road we took, wasn't sign posted.....well...not welcoming signs anyway.... more unwelcoming signs like "KEEP OUT"...and "PRIVATE"...but Porina had the "hookups" and we boldly crept our way thru the forest on a metal road until "booyah" right infront of us was this fabulous clearing with the Lake beckoning us.

It didn't take long and we had our gear on, boards off the trailer and listening to Porina giving us a briefing. On a scale of 1 to 5.....5 being an expert SUP'er, I'm a 2.7 on flat water and 1.3 on bumps but I can honestly say I had no apprehension at all and every confidence in Porina's ability trouble shoot should she need to.

So off we set, me on a specially ordered battleship designed not to tip. It was a lovely paddle to the pools, with a slight head wind and a tiny chop but nothing a couple of us "novice" paddlers couldn't handle.

The pools were fantastic and the return journey with faded light was safe, fantastic and literally star studded. But it wasn't over yet. We packed up and headed back thru the forest spotting all sorts of wild life.....even saw a live and not flattened out possum!

After a quick bite we headed to the Redwood Forest for a walk in the treetops....or in my case a crawl. I'm not very good with heights and I'm so thankful it was dark and wasn't focused on the "far away" ground!

I have to say, it's the best adventure I've been on in a while. It was fabulous to get on the water and have a destination. It was well organised...but not so much that we couldn't "adjust" our schedule.

Well done ECP...waiting for Porina's next big adventure.

Date of experience: May 2018