Book In Advance
Tours from Dolphin Seafaris tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$79.09
from US$79.09
from US$55.02
More Info
All reviews an amazing experience pod of dolphins common dolphins saw dolphins hammerhead shark dolphin experience beautiful creatures dolphins including sea life natural environment knowledgeable crew great trip early start wet suits these guys bucket list highly recommend this tour
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

The day started with a very warm welcome from all the staff (who were all knowledgeable and wonderful). There was tea/coffee, snacks and plenty of information about the day ahead. We enjoyed a lovely boat journey in the sunshine before we found the Dolphins (and boy did we find dolphins!).

We were lucky enough to find a super pod of around 200 dolphins. It was absolutely breathtaking. There were dolphins everywhere! They were so beautiful and playful. When they saw our boat they came swimming straight over and clearly loved spending time with us. When swimming with them, I felt safe at all times. It was amazing to hear the dolphins under the water. Their calls were so clear. You could see them all swimming around you which was just lovely.

In terms of other wildlife, we saw a little penguin as well as plenty of other birds, including an albatross.

This was an exceptional trip - I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I highly recommend booking this trip. It'll make you smile and say wow a lot! Unforgettable.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Yesterday one of my dreams came true. I always try to think positively and think it's gonna be a great day, specially when doing an activity like this... but of course, you also have to be realistic and be aware that this is a matter of luck... being in the right place at the right time ... so just decided to enjoy whatever would come.
The sun was shining, so at least I could get tan... ;) coffee, tea, juice, fruits and muffins where complimentary and there is a lot of room on the boat to sit down and relax. The comentary about the area was very interesting, and the crew is very friendly and helpful.
After comming close to mayor island (which was very nice to see closer) we found a group of dolphins! It was soo amazing to see them chasing the fish in organized groups! And things couldn't get better when that pod became a superpod!!! Dolphins comming from everywhere towards us! I was absolutely mesmerized watching them.
But the best part came when I went into the water and saw them! It was such an incredible moment... it feels like a dream... one of them came so close it seemed I could touch it! You can hear them under the water... I would never forget that moment.
I felt so lucky they let us spend such an awesome time with them.
Thanks Cameron and the crew!

2  Thank Te_imaginas
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

We had great five hours on the boat with the funny and nice team of Dolphin Seafaris! At first we weren't sure if we will see some dolphins in april. But then... it was gorgeous to see the super pod of about 500 dolphins!! Thank you so much for this unbelievable experience.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

My 3 children, Nanna & I were so very excited to come aboard this Dolphin Safaris today (from Melb) We had heard about it from our friends. Cameron kept us well informed about the weather conditions, provided wet suits, snorkel and a huge amount of fun.
Cameron and his team thought the trip would be 6 hours or so ...but ended up being 9 hours ! We spent 5 hours on his fun ship looking, looking looking then Cameron spotted the biggest pod (about 50) of dolphins !!! Just spectacular. We then hung onto the boat (snorkel & wet suit) and swam with the dolphins !!AWESOME experience. It'd be great to bring your own food - incase the trip takes longer. They provided tea coffee orange juice water ginger biscuits.
Thanks Cameron

1  Thank abcdefghi2016
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

Spent a beautiful hot day out on the water with Dolphin Seafaris. Had a fantastic small group of only 9 of us (normally many more people).Saw a pod of 8/9 initially and then the biggest pod I ever seen In my life - 150 or so dolphins.
The skipper and daughter were lovely and made the experience very personal.
Some people were not experienced with using and clearing a snorkel and mask. Make sure you know before you get in the water!

Date of experience: March 2016