All reviews homemade bread yogurt new zealand breakfast is served off road parking private access to the beach seconds walk fabulous breakfast place to stay thought of everything private bathroom home away from home definately stay here each morning upper floor dvd player two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2020

We decided to do a last minute trip to the Mount with my sister to scape from Auckland.
We found this little gem and safe to say we are not staying anywhere else in the Mount from now on.
Lorraine kindly picked us up from the bus stop and from there on it was only a blissfully experience.
Jim and Lorraine are the best hosts you can come across.
The fantastic breakfast was set up on the upper floor where you sit and enjoy also the wonderful view of the beach.
There’s a private access to the beach which was so convenient for us.
Our room was sparkling clean and very comfortable. We had our own private bathroom.
The highlight of our stay was definitely the attention we received by our Hosts.
Needless to say we are only staying here from now on.
I cannot praise enough this Bed & Breakfast.
Do come stay here! You won’t regret it.
Thank you so much for making of our stay the most wonderful time.
We shall see again soon x

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Florencia O
Passport38322183684, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

Thank-you Flo so much for your great review of Beachside Bed & Breakfast. Looks like you will be coming back again! It will be a our pleasure to have you stay with us again, we really enjoyed your company.
Best regards

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Great hosts who make you feel at home. The breakfast was nice with different options. Great location on the beach with a number of options to eat/drink only 10mins walk away. I would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Passport38322183684, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2019

Hi,
Thank-you very much for your review. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2019

Jim and Lorraine made us feel at home from the minute we arrived. We were a large group of 5 people travelling together so we rented all 3 of their rooms. The place is spotless clean and they have paid attention to every detail to make you feel at home. Breakfast is served while enjoying the ocean view and breeze. We absolutely recommend this place as an affordable option for high quality hospitality.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank irinab550
JimboMtMaunganui, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2019

Thanks Irina for your lovely review of our bed and breakfast. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. Hope you enjoyed your stay in NZ. Best wishes for 2021.
Jim and Lorraine

Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

Our two nights at the Beachside B&B was heaven and awesome!!! Lorraine and Jim could not have been hospitable, friendly, accomodating, helpful and everything value of an owner!!!. The accommodation was excellent and it is very closed to everything you want to go in Tauranga. The breakfast was very well presented on the table and super delicious!!! To me, it is the Best B&B I ever had on my family holiday!!! Thank you so much Jim and Loraine and we will sure come back!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Passport38322183684, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

Thanks for your nice review Stephen. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, and have you stay with us. Your children were a delight to have at our bed & breakfast.
Best wishes

Reviewed 18 October 2019

Jim and Lorraine were most welcoming and have provided a delightful stay for us. I feel that I have found a kindred spirit in Jim, who seems to have thought of everything to make our stay enjoyable.
Our ground floor room was comfortable and spacious with en-suite bathroom. I have trouble sleeping when there is a lot of ambient light in the room. This was the only place I stayed in while in New Zealand in which it was actually very dark in the room at night time, and I really appreciated that.
As the building is back away from the street, there was also no audible traffic noise from the road.
Like I said, Jim has thought of everything - it was the only place we've ever stayed at where a power board has been provided so that we can easily charge our phones and camera. It was so quiet, I had no problem with noise, but they even provided ear plugs for our use. The bedside clock radio - usually an unwanted source of ambient light at night time - was able to be dimmed right down so that there was no back light.
If you have mobility problems, then you may have difficulty climbing two flights of stairs to the guest lounge room, but otherwise it's a lovely place to relax, with panoramic views of the beach, comfortable lounge, chairs, and dining area, television and DVD player, and a fully equipped kitchenette in which we could help ourselves to tea or coffee at any time, accompanied by Jim's superb ginger biscuits.

After our first superb night there, when I didn't think it could get any better, along came breakfast, which met and exceeded my expectations. Cereals, yoghurt, home-made fruit salad, and then eggs, bacon and tomato so superbly cooked that I devoured the same fabulous breakfast for each of the four mornings we were there.
Oh, and did I mention that there was real coffee? And, the bread was home-made by Jim. I cannot think of any way to improve breakfast.

Room tip: The ground floor room just inside the entrance is excellent.
Date of stay: October 2019
Passport38322183684, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Thanks very much for your very detailed review.It was a pleasure to have you stay at our bed & breakfast, Really enjoyed our chats after breakfast.
Look forward to maybe seeing you on your next visit to NZ.
Many thanks