All reviews homemade bread yogurt new zealand breakfast is served off road parking private access to the beach seconds walk fabulous breakfast place to stay thought of everything private bathroom home away from home definately stay here each morning upper floor dvd player two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

Our two nights at the Beachside B&B was heaven and awesome!!! Lorraine and Jim could not have been hospitable, friendly, accomodating, helpful and everything value of an owner!!!. The accommodation was excellent and it is very closed to everything you want to go in Tauranga. The breakfast was very well presented on the table and super delicious!!! To me, it is the Best B&B I ever had on my family holiday!!! Thank you so much Jim and Loraine and we will sure come back!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Passport38322183684, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

Thanks for your nice review Stephen. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, and have you stay with us. Your children were a delight to have at our bed & breakfast.
Best wishes

Reviewed 18 October 2019

Jim and Lorraine were most welcoming and have provided a delightful stay for us. I feel that I have found a kindred spirit in Jim, who seems to have thought of everything to make our stay enjoyable.
Our ground floor room was comfortable and spacious with en-suite bathroom. I have trouble sleeping when there is a lot of ambient light in the room. This was the only place I stayed in while in New Zealand in which it was actually very dark in the room at night time, and I really appreciated that.
As the building is back away from the street, there was also no audible traffic noise from the road.
Like I said, Jim has thought of everything - it was the only place we've ever stayed at where a power board has been provided so that we can easily charge our phones and camera. It was so quiet, I had no problem with noise, but they even provided ear plugs for our use. The bedside clock radio - usually an unwanted source of ambient light at night time - was able to be dimmed right down so that there was no back light.
If you have mobility problems, then you may have difficulty climbing two flights of stairs to the guest lounge room, but otherwise it's a lovely place to relax, with panoramic views of the beach, comfortable lounge, chairs, and dining area, television and DVD player, and a fully equipped kitchenette in which we could help ourselves to tea or coffee at any time, accompanied by Jim's superb ginger biscuits.

After our first superb night there, when I didn't think it could get any better, along came breakfast, which met and exceeded my expectations. Cereals, yoghurt, home-made fruit salad, and then eggs, bacon and tomato so superbly cooked that I devoured the same fabulous breakfast for each of the four mornings we were there.
Oh, and did I mention that there was real coffee? And, the bread was home-made by Jim. I cannot think of any way to improve breakfast.

Room tip: The ground floor room just inside the entrance is excellent.
Date of stay: October 2019
Passport38322183684, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2019

Thanks very much for your very detailed review.It was a pleasure to have you stay at our bed & breakfast, Really enjoyed our chats after breakfast.
Look forward to maybe seeing you on your next visit to NZ.
Many thanks

Reviewed 2 April 2019

Jim and Lorraine Robertson have a very nice B&B, basically on the beach in the shadow of Mount Maunganui. Jim prepared an excellent breakfast on the upper floor of their house with a view of the ocean. At night we could hear the waves lapping at the shore. It's a 45-second walk to the beach and, if you are an early riser, the sunrise will meet you. Our room was spacious and the en suite bathroom up to par. If you are travelling down the east coast of the North Island, I recommend spending a night with Jim and Lorraine.

Room tip: The Rumi room on the ground floor has an easy outdoor exit to get to the beach.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JimboMtMaunganui, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2019

Thanks Gordon for taking the time to write a review for our B&B. Good reviews are like yours are a very much appreciated.
Best wishes

Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

What a delightful place to stay whilst visiting The Mount. Spotless accommodation, excellent breakfast of fresh fruit etc, private access to the beach and lovely hosts in Jim & Lorraine.
Location wise, the Beachside is located outside the town centre with limited bars and restaurants within easy walking distance but taxis are readily available. Sitting having breakfast with the other guests looking out across the beach to the ocean was just idyllic, we really wanted to stay longer.
Thanks Jim & Lorraine for a lovely few days at Beachside.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JimboMtMaunganui, Owner at Beachside Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2019

Hi SP,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. It is a lovely review and very much appreciated.
Best regards

Reviewed 15 March 2019

We stayed in the "Rimu" room on the ground floor - it's plenty big enough although the bathroom is a bit on the small side. There's also a small patio area. The property is the middle one of three on a plot with direct access (no roads to cross) to the beach. The shared guest lounge where the excellent breakfast is taken is on the third floor with a balcony offering a sea view. The only downside from our point of view was that the walk into Mt. Maunganui was a bit of a struggle after dinner.

Date of stay: February 2019