Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews across the road owners were friendly one night convenient location night stay free wifi would definitely stay here again craig supermarket mount cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

We had a 3 night stay here ( my wife, myself and my daughter).
Great location and pretty affordable for the mount.
The one thing I noticed is that the owners are most proud of their motel and it’s reflected in the service and the cleanliness of the motel which is second to none.
My only criticism would be the showers are pretty weak so I would hope this is on the list of improvements at some stage.
I guess the question is would I go back again and stay... most definitely.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank colinsV5337IS
Reviewed 19 October 2019 via mobile

We had a quick overnight stay and we were super impressed with the cleanliness and location. Close to the supermarket and really handy to Bayfair and the Mount. Lovely owner- friendly and helpful. Thanks :):)

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank JoLloyd
Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

Spent a night with a last minute booking. Surprised with how welcoming the hotel reception was. Very close to the main routes and eateries. Highly recommend on staying here for your peaceful night of snoozing after a hard days of work.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jikash
pjamieson, Manager at Blue Haven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2019

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to place a review, we have excellent corporate units and always offer a discount if booked direct,
Cheers

Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

We booked Blue Haven Motel on line. My daughter and I travelled to Mount Maunganui for a 5th burthday celebration. We booked into the motel latee than intended but no problems. Great free WiFi - milk etc. The room and facilities were spotless. Our beds were warm and comfortable the bathroom and kitchen shining. My daughter loved the stove - an older Atlas and took a photo. It was quiet overnight and was all in all a very pleasant stay and reasonably priced. Thanks BLUE HAVEN.

Date of stay: April 2019

Hi there,
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us,
Look forward to seeing you again,
Remember to book direct for the best price,
Cheers

Reviewed 24 February 2019

I stayed here for five nights and had a fantastic time. Here are my reasons for awarding this motel 5 stars

1. Great location
If you go to Google Maps and search for Mt Maunganui - Google Maps will show you a red boundary of where Mt Maunganui is. If you zoom into New World on Tweed St - that's where Blue Haven is. What this tells you is that you are in the middle of the area and really close to the airport and near the bridge that takes you over to Tauranga.

You can easily get to one side of the Mt - e.g Bayfair Shopping Plaza for $10 in an uber/taxi or to the Main Beach area where all the shopping strip is for around the same price. But it also means you stay somewhere quieter and relaxing while you have quick cheap access to these areas. I love that.

2. Quick access to New World, cafes and shops.
I have a checklist for when I book my accommodation - and being near a supermarket is essential because it saves you time. This motel is across the road from New World. It is also close to a great Thai restaurant, a healthy organic cafe, Chinese food, a chemist, hairdresser and a fruiterer.

3. Bus route
For those not wanting to catch a a taxi or uber can take advantage of the bus route that goes up and down the Mt or into Tauranga.

4. Customer service
I found the owners Paula and Craig and their cleaning team to be lovely. Craig even asked me if I needed a taxi when I left. That's really nice end to end service. I have travelled around the world and am always amazed how so many high end hotels never ask you this.

5. Free washing machine
I always travel light and do lots of laundry. There is a free washing machine and powder which is fantastic. Using the dryer costs a couple of dollars but you can also hang your washing up for free on the line around the corner from the machine. Much better for the environment!

6. Cleanliness
One of my pet dislikes is checking into a dirty room. My room was spotless.

7. Kitchenette.
I was in the studio and had a small pull out twin stove top. I loved it. I could boil some eggs and some bacon in the morning. I bought yummy Beehive bacon from New World and would boil that too. It cooks faster and you don't stink out the room. No oil cost!

8. Access to the local beach
It takes 5 minutes to walk to the local beach.

9. Peace and quiet, and privacy
I stayed for 5 nights and rarely saw other guests or heard them. This to me is pure bliss. I saw a number of rooms with open doors but you never heard anyone. I love quiet guests!

The last time I was in Mt Maunganui I stayed at a different motel. The other motel was in a U shape and had a designated footpath for walking. This meant our room looked out onto other rooms, and you could see guests walking around on the other side of the motel, walking past your room, hear them starting cars etc.

Blue Haven is on one long line and does not have a designated footpath. My room looked out onto a grass area. Over my 5 day stay I only ever saw one guest walked past my room. I rarely heard cars starting. I love that peace and quiet and sense of privacy.

10. TV with movies
I didn't watch much TV but when I did it was nice to have a great offering.

11. Price point - like I said, the last time I was here I stayed at a different motel. Blue Haven was significantly cheaper, and in light of all the points I made above, it's a real winner to me.

The one downside is the lack of airconditioning. I stayed during a time of humidity and heat. This made the room hot in the late afternoon but it's not like I was staying in the room during this time.

My room had a fan in it but also the room would cool down in the evening if you left some windows open. So actually...sleeping was okay.

So, my verdict - would I stay here again. You bet!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank thetimemachine

Hi there,
This is the most comprehensive review I have ever read! Good on you for helping others to know the ins and outs, we do appreciate it.
Remember to book direct so that we can give you the best price and the room of your choice,
Al the best,