Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$169
TripadvisorUS$169
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews the main street great location friendly owner lovely room room key restaurants and shops great place to stay short walk to the beach comfy bed air con the ground floor nate mount noise unit suitcases kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

Great location. Compact studio was just right. Small but had everything we needed and was comfortable. Friendly staff. Would definately use again. We were disappointed we couldn't stay longer as the place was nice and lots to do in the area. I have seen other comments on noise but didn't find this problematic. Would return.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

The 2 of us stayed here in feb for 4 nights and I tell you what, it would probably give the Hilton a run for its money. We had room 4 that had a pretty grouse view of the mount, a comfy bed, nice big couch with a fold out bed (in case your in the bad books with the Mrs) and air con which saved us from ending up like a beef roast on them 30°+ days. Rooms had just been redecorated too, had a bit of a cheeky eye up and down the tile and paint work and someones done a nice job on it. Owners are real cool people and helpful too, didn’t mind me keeping my surfboard and wetsuit with me (Lots of places get all snobby and look down on you when you ask if you can keep them in the room) and even held onto the room key while I was down at the beach and handed it back to me the minute they saw me walking back in. Motel is located right at the end of the Main Street and is quick and easy to get to everything, sober walk to the pub: 1 minute, not quite as sober walk home: 2 minutes, Smell of coffee and bacon in the morning: heaven. Our room was a bit noisy on Saturday because the people over the road thought they’d try and take out the title of “noisiest buggers at the mount” for that night but thankfully they were playing a few decent tunes and I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow and so does the other half so it didn’t bother us in the slightest. The owners apologised for the noise when we checked out which was nice even though it wasn’t even their fault!. Overall it’s a from me.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank 117flossee
Reviewed 6 January 2020

We stayed in Mount Maunganui for 2 nights, initially reserving a B&B slightly further out of town but finally changing it to Mission Belle Motel. On arrival we were greeted by the very friendly owner, who I'm afraid I've forgotten his name. Each motel room has its own parking spot which is very handy. Our room was up the steps (if you will struggle with suitcases up then maybe see if you can request the ground floor as there is no lift but we had no problem). The room itself is large and spacious. Well equipped kitchen with milk provided on arrival. The bathroom is large with a lovely shower. The room and bathroom are very clean.

Despite booking due to the reviews, we were apprehensive before arriving as the word motel after visiting the US has its connotations with a budget place that is small and not particularly clean however Mission Belle is far from that. It was refreshing to see that both days we were there the owner was renovating his place from decorating indoors in motel rooms to varnishing the doors. You can see he takes pride in the appearance of the place which really shows.

The motel couldn't be in a better location. It is at the tip of the main street with all the restaurants and shops whilst being a very short distance from the climb up the mountain.

Great place to stay thanks to the brilliant owner(s).

Reviewed 1 December 2019

Stayed in the family suite as there weren't any other rooms and we had booked a bit last minute. Everything was exceptionally clean, the location was great and we particularly liked the little balcony off the upstairs bedroom and as there were only 2 of us we made the upstairs bedroom our lounge and bedroom because as well as the balcony with a lovely view of The Mount it also had a large screen tv with Sky. We don't normally watch tv but we were there for the cricket at the Bay Oval so it was needed.
The downstairs had another lovely bedroom, bathroom with shower and toilet. The kithchen/diner area had another tv and an outside dining area that would accommodate up to 8 people.
We would definitively recommend but wish they wouldn't add 2% to payment by credit card.

Reviewed 6 November 2019

I regularly travel to the Bay of Plenty for work, and have stayed in other motels and used air bnb. I was recommended Mission Belle by a colleague and friend and found it to be far superior value for money than anywhere else. Nate is always welcoming, accommodating and the suites are immaculate, modern and have everything you'll need, plus the sunsets from the balcony are gorgeous. Short walk to the beach and Mount. Good quality bedding, kitchenette, good WiFi and Sky. Good hairdryer! One minute walk to the main shopping and restaurant area, park and less than a minute to Thai, Italian and a good cafe. Couldn't be a better location.

• Trip type: Travelled on business