“Fantastic holiday escape”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Camber beach house

Ensuite master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Ensuite master bedroom
Kitchen with all you need
Two sun loungers on the outside terrace
Living room with outside terrace
Kids area as part of the living room
TV , wifi around the house and WII console with various games
Master bedroom
Master bedroom ensuite
Kids bedroom with bunk bed for 3 and separate junior bed.
Family bathroom
Sunny terrace outside of the living room
Outside the kitchen is a dining area and BBQ/Fire pit
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
jocelynmo...
London, United Kingdom
“Nice property with unfair charges”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This is a lovely house in a great location. The price was steep, but we were happy to pay it because we really needed a break from the city.

We enjoyed our stay very much, but were disappointed when the owner kept £110 deposit because our daughter broke a clock and wrote on the floor with crayon. Obviously I am sorry we broke the clock and caused extra cleaning, but you can buy a replacement Okko bird alarm clock online for ~£20, and it could not possibly have taken more than 30 minutes to clean up the crayon. How this amounts to £110, I have no idea.

The kitchen was good, but the knives are dangerously dull---they are less safe when they are blunt, and these were in very poor condition.

Also, the Wifi (BT) was so slow it made me want to weep. Honestly it was less than 50 kB/s---I tried to do an online benchmark speed check but it was too slow to even finish it. This isn't really a great tragedy, of course, but one expects to find broadband internet when it is advertised! This is why I've given a "terrible" rating for "other facilities."

Overall, I would not return to this property again, especially since there are many other good places to stay in the area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: They kept £110 deposit for cleaning fee.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Jul 2016
The response from my change over was that you left the property respectless. The clock was bought on Amazon for £38 including postage. ( receipt send to tripadvisor) Also the Cleaner charged me £20 for the state you left the BBQ in. Even after cleaning red and green Marks' on Kitchen and Floor I am left with fault green stains on a very expensive resin floor. So I think I have been more than reasonable with withholding this amount of money for the damage toy made without letting me know. I will replace the knifes next time I am there. This is a not a typical hollidaylet but my own Home away from Home so I hope people treat it like that.
“Fantastic holiday escape”
Reviewed 12 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We were lucky to find this gem right near the sea and sand dunes for a short break with the kids.

House is lovely, large on 3 levels great when having older kids and needing space. Every thing we needed was already there for us when arrived.

Pubs, restaurants and local shops were very good and friendly.

We will definitely be visiting again and I highly recommend to others.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Lee S
London, United Kingdom
“First Class Choice”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

This is an amazing property and is right across the road from the beach. It is a large, airy house on 3 floors and is equipped with everything you need for a family of 4 or 5 including a very well-kitted kitchen should you decide to stay in and cook. We ate in Rye the whole time as it has fantastic pubs including the Standard and The Ship.

Robert the owner was great to deal with before the let, handling all my questions very patiently and the deposit refund came back on time.

We will definitely book this again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size of property; beach access
Liked least: Slow internet
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Andrea C
Oxford, United Kingdom
“very pleasant”
Reviewed 14 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

Not much to add to the other reviews. Very well built and attractive complex of houses around a nice garden. Lots of space, quiet and relaxing. Some fun decorative touches also appreciated by our 12 year old. We loved to explore the area, dunes and beach are amazing.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Marie C
“Miss ”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Perfect holiday home for a relaxing home from home getaway. Decorated and furnished to the highest standard. Especially liked the welcome basked of locally home made goods.
Great location for a walk along the beach and a venture into Rye where you'll find many lovely shops, pubs, restaurants to choose from plus gorgeous streets to walk around.
Would recommend to anyone looking for a family or friends getaway.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing