“One of my favourite places”
Review of Surf Shack Eatery

Surf Shack Eatery
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Waihi Beach
Description: We have an eclectic menu offering everything and amazing salads to delicious street food inspired by the tastes of the world, including great Vegan/Vege options. We are very proud to represent everything NZ has to offer and stock a wide range of NZ products. This has been our ethos from the outset and the concept is evolving all the time. We follow a Kiwi Back ideology and a beachy feel with funky outside seating spaces. We pride ourselves on sustainability and try and improve where possible using locally sourced products. We are fully licensed and have some great NZ craft beer & cider to offer as well as some amazing NZ wine. Serving the unbeatable Mojo Coffee all the way from Pips home, Wellington, as well as other refreshing drinks such as our famous iced chocolates & coffees all topped with a cheeky donut. Please come, chill & relax, it's beach time!! Well-behaved pets are more than welcome:)
Reviewed 13 June 2020 via mobile

Seriously, if your travelling New Zealand or visiting Waihi beach and get the chance, go to the surf shack! Excellent top of the range food, service and a real great dollar value on the menu that caters for all different food preferences. Fortunately for me I’m lucky enough to live in Waihi beach, so my partner and I try get there every second weekend and try to take the kids every other weekend. I literally could not fault the place if I tried. I know that sounds biased, but we legitimately take all the family visitors there when they come down so they can also enjoy a great meal in a relaxing atmosphere. All the food is fresh and made to perfection every time. We all have different favourites in our family, my favourite is the steak salad, in my eyes you can’t beat it, my oldest sons is the baby breakfast and my youngest sons is one the 3-4 pancake breakfasts, as for my partner, she has about 6-7 favourites, but what ever the case, every meal is beautiful and delicious.
I cannot talk the surf shack up enough.
Strongly recommend.
I’m not much of a photographer, but here’s a few pics for you.
The pictures really don’t give the food justice, your best off just going there and trying it for yourself

1  Thank Mowentown
KiaOra31, Owner at Surf Shack Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Hey Aaron Ellender,

Great review thanks! Thanks for the recommendation and all the effort put into writing this, it really is appreciated. Cheers Pip & Jo Jo

Reviewed 13 June 2020

Everytime I go to The Surf Shack and try something new I leave with a new favourite. Today was the breakfast burrito. The range of food is incredible. From breakfasts to burgers and street food, they have everything you could possibly want. The food is always consistent, fresh and portions are very generous. Coffee is ways spot on too!
Highly reccommend.
We will be back (hopefully tomorrow!)

Hi Annie M,

Love you guys when you come as you really do try a bit of everything and change the meals up! Always good to see your smiling faces and glad you like the coffee too! Thanks for taking the time out to write this review as it does really count to have locals feedback! Cheers Pip & Jo Jo

Reviewed 12 June 2020

We had a wonderful breakfast called a "baby breakfast" that was certainly not "baby" in size. Lovely food and great coffee. Easy to see why it is so popular with locals, and it was locals who encouraged us to go here.

Hi Larry D,

Thanks for the great review & yes the baby breakfast is very filling, love the fact you liked the coffee also. Its great to hear that the locals encouraged you to come to us, its just really nice feedback. Cheers Pip

Reviewed 4 June 2020 via mobile

Totally awesome food and excellent service. I loved my meal but couldn’t eat it all - took half of it home and it tasted equally delicious for dinner!

Kia Ora barbtimjoes,

Fabulous, I love the fact you didn't have to cook that evening as well ;) Thanks so much for the lovely review and hope to see you soon. Cheers Pip

Reviewed 16 March 2020

Superb freshly prepared food served by the most friendly owner and staff. The feta filo pastry is outstanding! I ate there on as many occasions as possible while visiting my family. I cannot recommend the Surf Shack highly enough. Thank you to Surf Shack for your excellent meals, smoothies and iced coffees!

Date of visit: February 2020

Hi Frances Moore,

Lovely review thank you very much! I am so glad you enjoyed the Goats Cheese Filo salad and that you recommend us highly, its a lovely thing to write! Cheers Jo Jo