“Started well, but ....”

Le Fin Bistrot
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Lit-et-Mixe
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

An evening meal started well with a superb gezier salad but the main hake dish was terrible. It had an orange garnish, why! (As my wife always says-that's my opinion). The spinach was a disaster too, just awful. The salad with the cheese dessert was just unnecessary. Good value and Olympic quantity, but the kitchen should taste the food before they send it out!

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Pleasant location for an evening meal in the sun, but the meal did not live up to expectations. Perhaps we were unlucky in our choice from the menu. Service pleasant and quick.

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

Whilst staying in Lil et Mixe, we eat twice here whilst on a two stay.

First night we had steak tartar not realising what we had ordered, however it seemed to waken up our taste buds, the dressing on the salad just grabbed you heighten your taste buds.

The 2nd night we attended was towards the end of our holiday, we ordered for starter prawns in congac & cream sauce (the sauce tasted burnt and didn't go with the prawns in my opinion - the prawns were cooked nicely thou, I passed the prawns to my other half as I couldn't stomach the sauce), my partner advised he thought the sauce tasted burnt too.

For our main we had fillet of steak with, chips, salad and garlic herb butter - this was just standard meal and was nice, nothing extra special or out ordinary.

Host speak little English, however ate accommodating.

Small selection of cocktails.

Chairs uncomfortable especially if not petit person (metal frame with wicker and arms close together).

Overall marking as average, not mainly places to eat at in Lil et Mixe and is certainly worth a try.

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

A surprisingly good restaurant in such small village. Regional specialities good friendly service although no English spoken but we were made to feel welcome. Three courses with aperitif and wine for four people €130. What's not to like?

1  Thank icameron3
Reviewed 16 June 2015

My wife and I were travelling back from Spain to London when we decided to rest after a long day's car trip. We stayed in a small hotel in the village of Lit-et-Mixe after being unable to reach the hotel we had originally booked some miles back because of road closures. The restaurant itself was very simple but the food was great - both tasty and well-presented. We both had salad for starters followed by roast chicken and vegetables , washed down with a glass or two of Merlot. Altogether a very pleasant experience.