Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$68
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
ZenHotels.com
US$67
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$69
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel to be near Luque. We were sceptical due to the price (approx £35pn per room in August) but we’re more than pleasantly surprised.

Firstly, I am basing my score on what you pay for so don’t get the impression this is a 5* hotel (it’s not) but it’s perfect for what it is.

It’s a small hotel, with just 18 rooms, but has a large restaurant, 24h bar/ cafe and a decent sized pool (and kids pool). It’s on the outskirts of dona mencia but only takes 5-7mins to walk into the town where your find supermarket, cafe etc.

The hotel is spotless and the staff are
brilliant. We all loved Jesus in the restaurant who couldn’t of been more obliging.

The rooms are well furnished; and again super clean. Good size bathroom with decent shower and comfy beds and A/C - pretty necessary in August! Only negative, it would of been great if they had a fridge.

The bar has a snack/ dining menus and plenty of drink options- all very cheap. The staff don’t speak English, but very patient about trying to understand!

The restaurant has a great lunch menu, €12 for three courses and drink which changes daily. We ate here twice for lunch, both times the meals were very tasty. They also have an a la carte menu for dinner, we had this one night on the terrace.

The pool area is down some steps, so wouldn’t be ideal for wheel chair users, but again super clean. It’s a bit tired, and some of the sun beds are in need of renewing but we had it to ourselves a lot and we’re more than happy! We loved that they had set up some double sunbeds on pallets with mattresses - super comfy! Plus a hammock! Lots of parasols to ensure some shade if needed. There was a little kids pool as well, perfect for my son.

We just felt so at home and relaxed here, had everything we needed and would stay here again in an instant and would also recommend without doubt!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We have stayed at this hotel for a wedding for a weekend. Is not a bad choice in the area, not much to choose from anyway, but hotel is modern, clean, very close to the main road, and has good points to take in account: A fast wifi free of charge, very few rooms and a parking area also for free. Is a *** hotel, and price is fair for all those good points indicated before. Rooms are quite silent, despite if there is a party downstairs (only 2 floors) you may hear some noise if sensitive person, but not my case. Areas to improve, at least on my opinion: We stayed 2 nights on a 3 people bedrooms. First day not enough towels for the 3 of us, but second night they did not change the towels, just made the beds. We had a very windy and rainy day, and isolation from balcony window was very low, so we struggled to sleep at night due the noise (but is very rare to have this climate conditions there). Breakfast: Is good, but just limited on choices, but tasty and local. Very good point: downstairs bar is open 24h, you can also order food! Rooms are cold, we had to open the heating system (not the one on the wall as does not work, a different one with remote). Bathroom was really cold (no heating).

I put *** just because the negative points, but is a very good option to stay few nights if you are on the area.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank JordiBo
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Loved our time at the hotel Mencia Subbetica. Perfect location for the annual cheese festival at Zuheros and for the Via Verde on which we had a fantastic bike ride. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful in looking after us, including locking away our bikes to keep them safe and keeping our cheese in their fridge.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2016

We stayed in Dona Mencia to have a hub for exploring Northern Andalucia. We chose Dona Mencia on the back of Youtube videos and reviews. The Hotel Dona Mencia Subbetica did not dissapoint from start to finish. It is worth pointing out from the outset, that we got a deal for a week in July for 2 adults and a child for £400 including breakfast. The Hotel is very easy to find if travelling north from Malaga and the Hotel offers spacious free parking. The room was clean with a balcony, with a fantastic view over the mountains. The bathroom spacious with free toiletries, hairdryer and plenty of towels. The Hotel is modern and has a cafeteria with a range of meals, a great restaurant with a la carte options with magnificent tables outside, looking over the area. The Pool is very good with plenty of loungers surrounding.
Staff deserve huge credit, none speak English, but a little Spanish will get you by no problem. A perfect location in the hills close to Cordoba, really good temps of around 36 degrees in July. A skilled chef on site who uses quality local ingredients, that allow total relaxation, away from the awful sights of All Day English Breakfasts on the Costa. Superb value with great Spanish hospitality and wine by the glass at under 2 Euros. Brilliant.

Room tip: All rooms have good views
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2016

I wanted a stopover between Jerez and Cazorla and decided that this hotel fitted the bill. It is situated a short distance, not even 100 metres from the A-318 that I had been travelling on, so was very convenient. It is a relatively new hotel, (I was told it had been there for about 4 years), and was impressed by what I found especially for the price I paid. Checking in was processed quite quickly and on entering my room, found it to be large with a balcony looking out at the Sierras Subbeticas. The room and bed were comfortable and the bathroom was quite large with all the toiletries supplied. I didn't use the restaurant, but had the 'menu del dia' in the bar area. This was also very good quality with good size portions and very inexpensive. They have a pool and childrens play area as well as a large terrace for alfresco dining or just having a drink. Although I only stayed for 1 night, I was impressed with the quality and the value that this hotel offered, so would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: February 2016