“Excellent service, exquisite clothes”
Review of Pot-Pourri

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #203 of 414 Shopping in City of Venice
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent a fabulous morning here and walked away with four giant bags of clothes for both of us. The staff were incredibly helpful and attentive and brought out a wide range of clothes for me to try. The blouses, jackets and dresses are exquisitely made and very unique, you won't find anything similar anywhere else in Italy. My husband was also able to update his wardrobe with the generous help of Fabio from the men's shop next door. I have no idea where the other reports of bad service and racism come from. While we were there we witnessed a diverse range of people come in and out of the shop and everyone received the same attention. Highly recommend this shop as a destination in Venice if you're looking for something truly original and high quality.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

I went into this shop on behalf of a friend who had bought some home fragrance a year or so before and wanted some more. I headed over to a large cupboard and one of the assistants came over and asked if she could help. I explained the situation and gave her the name of the fragrance. She recognised it but said it was an older one and that possibly they might not still have it. She told me that they had 2 shops and that the home wears were in the one around the corner. She told me to follow her and took me to it rather than tell me where it was. She explained to the lady in the other shop, who also looked doubtful, but never-the-less the pair of them went over to the other side of the shop, got on their knees and started hunting through a large basket, until one of them triumphantly produced the last bottle in the shop. They jokingly said that next time my friend would have to choose another one and let me try 2 others. The one called "Ivoire" was so lovely that I purchased it for our home. I was impressed by the customer service. I feel that quite often these days unless you're making a very expensive purchase assistants can't really be bothered. This was an inexpensive purchase but they went out of their way to help me complete my mission. Both shops had some beautiful gifts and exquisite clothing. I would definitely pay it a visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

In my business, I deal with every walk of life, from the world's super rich to the average man in the street. One thing this has taught me is to never judge a book by its cover. Some of the wealthiest people I know are the worst dressed or drive battered old cars - many are incredibly low key.

It is a lesson the staff at this fashion store could do with learning. My girlfriend was trying to find the price of some jewellery and lifted the lid of a glass jar containing some pearls only to be literally shouted at by the shop assistant to "be careful as it is delicate". Her subsequent attitude was just plain rude. Regardless of the price we wouldn't now buy anything in this shop (which is slightly annoying as there was a dress my girlfriend had seen which she wanted to buy!)

3  Thank FineFoodandSleep
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

3 wonderfully curated stores for women, men and home. Fashion forward exclusive designs and Scapa, Cividini, Sophie D'Hoore. So much fun to see a point of view about fashion and not all one designer. The women who work here have some great ideas and put together combinations that I had not thought of! I think the negative reviews are from people not used to shopping in boutiques where the sales associates follow you around.