Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sparrow

Wonderful place to live.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Jan 2022
I live in a 30ft caravan that had to be moved due to the place I was at being sold. I put the word out I needed a new site and the owners, Sula and Ramu, offered me a perfect place here at the Reefton Hideaway. I'm on a grassy area that has some trees for shade, a gorgeous view of the surrounding mountains and is nice and quiet. I've lived here two weeks so far and I feel safe and secure. There's others living in the nearby cabins and they're all friendly. There's also a couple of families living here in other cabins, so it feels like community.
I've had a look through the main building and one or two cabins, and whilst they're a bit dated, they're clean and airy. Sula and Ramu told me they're slowly remodeling them all. If I didn't have my caravan, I'd happily move into one.
The majority of rooms and cabins (and there's lots of them), are for short or long term stays.
When Sula and Ramu cook a buffet dinner of delicious food two days a week, lots of guests go along and we can have some great conversations.
So bottom line, I'm very happy and comfortable here. Sula and Ramu are excellent hosts who bend over backwards to ensure all is well.
Date of stay: January 2022
Room Tip: You have a choice of a cabin or a room in the main building.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
43.0 km from Reefton's Hideaway
Beachfront
A short walk along the beach, north of our cabin.
Tripadvisor
$180
Fully refundable
No prepayment needed
  • Expedia.com
    $180
43.2 km from Reefton's Hideaway
View more hotels in Reefton
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2022

Our bedroom room was huge. And had the capacity to use the adjoining room for bubs if we wished. Plenty of outlets, bed comfy and clean. Broadband works well. Room for portacot and all baby accessories. It felt like we had a huge kitchen and huge sitting room with all facilities, cos it has. Hideaway felt secure and spacious. My one year old felt free and had plenty of room to explore. The shower was great pressure always hot water. Everything was clean and the lodge a bit reminded me of the Irish convents back in the day as the building is just one of those mysteries to be delved into. Loads of corridors and history. Anytime I stay in reefton ill be staying at the hideaway. It's one of those place that takes time to reveal itself in her quirkiness and beauty. The hosts Ramu and Sula went out of their way for us and we felt special. We ate together twice a week by a myriad of delicious exotic and basic food supplied by hosts. We all look forward to these dinners and it brought a sense of belonging. Looking forward to be part of the hideaway experience in future.

Room tip: Affordable, warm, friendly, welcoming, just like home
Date of stay: December 2021