38 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$499
eDreamsUS$499
TravelocityUS$499
getaroom.comUS$508
7,605 results
All reviews blue marlin love bar casa bella happy boy juanillo beach ocean bar taco truck castle pool wok restaurant sexy belly main pool room service our honeymoon all inclusive resort ocean view water aerobics walk in closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2021

My best friend and I stayed for 5 days, and we had the time of our lives!! The resort is gorgeous everywhere you look, and the staff are so welcoming and kind. We stayed in a Luxury Jr. Suite. Our room was beautiful with the most amazing balcony view of the ocean. The room was immaculate, the beds were comfy, and the rain shower was spacious and had electronic temperature controls. My favorite part of the room was the balcony. The sunset is amazing to watch while sitting on the big, comfy patio chairs. The first night, we went to the Steak House, where I ate the most delicious T-bone steak and met the sweetest employee, Nairoby Pérez Ramírez. He provided outstanding service, was super attentive, fun, and kind.I ate at the Steak House several nights because Nairoby treated me like family. While enjoying the steak and amazing service from Nairoby, a musical group came to serenade us at our table. I loved it! Another night, there was a jazz band playing in the piazza next to the restaurant. It was lovely. The buffet had endless food options, and Baby Cairo was so kind and provided great service. The Italian restaurant was so elegant. The ravioli and the risotto were delicious. Make sure to pack something nice to wear and make your reservation on the first day. The beach was clean, never crowded, and the water was the perfect temperature (warm but refreshing). There were times in afternoon when I had the ocean all to myself. I highly recommend wearing a bikini whatever your size is. There are not impossible beauty standards like in the US . Also, Fernando will bring you a drink to your chair on the beach. The entertainment was great. One night, there was a super fun beach party with music, dancing, and the most amazing beach bar the served delicious fruit infused vodkas. We went to the Spa on the last day, and it was the most relaxing 3 hours of my life. We got the a $175 special that included an hour in the tranquility pool, a full body chocolate scrub, an hour massage, and time to relax after with a campaign and a heated neck wrap, The security is also excellent. On my last day, I lost my phone on the beach. I had moved my chair to the shade not knowing that I dropped my phone while doing so. When I moved the chair back before I left, I apparently buried the phone. I was in a massive panic because I was due to leave for the airport. I notified security, they watched the security tape, dug up my phone, returned it to me along with the cash and ID that were in my phone care, and I made it to the airport of time. Overall, the property, the staff, and the food were amazing. I can't wait to return soon to paradise!

Room tip: Pay a little extra for an ocean view, it is worth it!
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank shannon02908
Hairo Galindez, Marketing at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2021

Dear shannon02908,

First, we would like to thank you for your kind review of your recent holiday with us.

Such a friendly review of our hotel is, of course, a great pleasure to read and confirms for us that our daily actions are worthwhile and that we are on the right path with our numerous efforts.

Again, we thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel and hope that Sanctuary Cap Cana will continue to provide you with excellent holiday experiences in the future.

Social Media

Reviewed 11 June 2021

Amazing stay for our honeymoon. We stayed at the castle first floor with the private pool and it was the best decision we made. Everything is extremely clean and staff are awesome. Food was great too and many pools to choose from. Definitely going again at some point for future vacations with my husband.

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sherylminiel,

We are delighted that you have shared this comment with the other travelers and we appreciate the good feedback after your visit.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your holidays and we are waiting for you in the not too distant future.

Social Media

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

This place is a gem In the Caribbean, absolutely gorgeous with breathtaking views. The staff is amazing , superb, above and beyond of level of expectations, everyone strives to deliver their best and ensures that each guests receives the best service possible. From the door greeter to the towel cabana boy, excellence is delivered in Sanctuary @ Cap Cana . 5 thumbs up A++++ all the way. Today I had the pleasure of interacting with Rigoberto Supervisor in the Casabella Buffet area our server was Oscar who was simply a delight, attentive, courteous, detailed oriented and wanted to ensure I had an amazing food experience which it’s the only down fall I have to say the place has. The food, although it has so much variety and it’s displayed beautifully , leaves much to be desired for for selective palates. such as mine. The food lacks flavor, condiment , seasonings, spices , such an array of dishes elegantly displayed to entice the most presumptuous guest , but unfortunately the delivery falls short and it’s subpar., it’s simply tasteless . My ratings for the food at the resort on a scale from 1-10 , beginning with Casabella , buffet place score is a 1 -food wise .The ceviche Carretillero is tasteless, lacks flavor and the sweet potato used in the ceviche is the white local sweet potato, not the orange American sweet potato , the textures are different and it comes across in the execution of the dish. The Dominican fried fish tasteless as well, the Mahi- mahi elegantly served but tasteless and hard , the Sancocho a Dominican staple was horrendous, the Srimp Asopao which is a shrimp broth cooked with rice , spices, cilantro ect nothing more than a broth with rice that was added to it with some shrimp , every plate was subpar but elegantly displayed, for that I would rate it a 3 .A Restaurant that was good and I recommend was the steak house , I would rate it a 7 , they are a bit confused as to the types and cuts of meats but I must admit there was flavor in the meat . Tonight we tried the Asian cuisine, and this is by far the best in taste, execution, presentation and flavor . Skip everything else , go straight to the Asian Wok. Your taste buds will thank you . Overall , amazing staff and beautiful place, the food was terrible but if you can survive that , you will love this place. I will come back a d just wat at the steak house and Asian wok, the rest is not worth the money . Juan was lit server tonight at the Asian wok, a d he was amazing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SammyP105
Hairo Galindez, Marketing at Sanctuary Cap Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Dear

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you encountered the warm service of our associates.

We truly regret hearing that our evening dining options have not met your expectations; we encourage our guests to provide us with their feedback in regards to our services during their stay in order for us to be able to offer them the best memories and experiences of their holidays with us. Therefore, we appreciate your kind remarks and be certain that your comments will not be overlooked.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guest’s expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to offer you a remarkable stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2021

This was our second visit to the Sanctuary and we rarely return to resorts because we love to visit new places. But we loved it so much last year, we had to return. The Sanctuary was just as fabulous the second time around. We were greeted by JT who quickly helped us check in and get settled. We headed to the pool to see our old friend, Gasolina. He is absolutely amazing! Gasolina works so hard to ensure that you are relaxed and enjoy your time at the pool and beach. Brenda was our pool waitress and she was awesome. So friendly, fast and always had a great idea for a new drink to try. HappyBoy was very friendly and checked in on us throughout our day always asking I’d we needed anything. The entertainment team of Chocolate, Fido and Jose kept things exciting by the pool. Sexy Monkey’s daily pool aerobics was a must each day at noon. The food and restaurants were amazing. We loved the Steak House and Wok. Make sure to go to the Spa. The couples scrub and massage is terrific for both men and women. We also had our photos taken by Alex and he did a fantastic job. For just $10 per photo, we will have wonderful pictures from our 25th anniversary trip. Stop by the lobby and make a reservation with him. There is no fee for the photo session. This is such a beautiful, clean resort with some of the most friendly people we have ever met. We are already planning our third trip!

Room tip: All the rooms are clean and great views.
Date of stay: May 2021

Dear JennysG402VJ,

Thank you very much for staying at our exclusive adults resort Sanctuary Cap Cana for recognizing the team members who provided you an excellent service. As creators of memorable experiences; we strive every day to exceed our guests´ expectations by providing high-quality service, and it is a real pleasure for us to know that we have achieved our goal since you arrived at our property. We are confident all our team will be very happy to get your impressions of their service.

We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

Wonderful vacation! Celebrated our 60th birthday with family. Accommodations very nice, landscaping gorgeous, excellent customer service, food superb. Loved the people, Juan, Frank, Sandro, Fido, Ginette, Elizabeth, Enrique, Damar, Joseph, Perla, Eudy, and many others. The Gym - Yoga and Fitness Trainer, Miguel (Sexy Monkey), was very nice and professional. Loved the Yoga class - all my back pain went away after 5 days. We also went on a private boat trip called the Blue Marlan that we booked through the hotel. So much fun! I would highly recommend The Sanctuary was a relaxing vacation with outstanding amenities, service, food, staff, and beautiful sights.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Pmiller17945,

Thank you very much for selecting us as a destination for your vacations. We endeavor to deliver our guests an amazing experience and a customized service, such as our team did with their attention to detail.

Our team is looking forward to welcoming you back for your vacations.