“Retro restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 6 Quick Bites in Hemsby
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 June 2021

Me and my daughter had breakfast here, food was nice, and portions were a good size. Staff were very friendly. Only negative I have was that fact that it was cash only.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (330)

Reviewed 11 June 2021

If you come here it looks fantastic on first entering... Done out like a retro diner but thats where it stops.... Dont eat here the food is the cheapest rubbish you could ever have and do not get them to cook an egg as it could have been bounced around the room.... Its also not very clean young teens haphasidly wiping tables with a dirty cloth and the service is very slow and cash only...

Reviewed 8 June 2021

Fresh food and very friendly staff. Would definitely visit again when I am next in Hemsby. Visited on a quiet day and service was very quick.

2  Thank doveg
Joanne C, Owner at Hollywood Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Thanks so much and hope to see you again x

Reviewed 6 June 2021

IF YOU ARE VISITING HEMSBY PLEASE DO YOUR HEALTH AND POCKET A FAVOUR AND AVOID THIS DISGUSTING RESTAURANT

We are returning customers, visit with our family whilst we take a day out to hemsby but my visit on Thursday 3rd June makes me never want to return to Hemsby let alone this place.

Service was ridiculously slow, two girls and a bloke behind the counter but more time talking to each other than dealing with customers

Cash only - which makes me very suspect oldest trick I. The book for losing a few quid from the tax man.

Was going to order a breakfast but saw one plate go paste and looked like the cheapest watered down beans and lamest sausage available on the market yet prices aren’t exactly cheap. The English girl behind the counter touched food being prepped, cleaned a surface down with a dirty cloth before hand then promptly picked the slice of chocolate cake I had ordered for my daughter up with her hand NO GLOVES…. there’s been a freaking pandemic, she didn’t look the cleanest character and this just made me feel physically sick. Indoors was dirty we decided to sit outside (cleared our own table) biggest mistake I have ever made in my life visiting this place. I recognise the waitresses from previous years but this place must be under new management as it has gone down hill majorly. Some buildings have been demolished up the road and a new car park has been created, yet he Hollywood diner is only fit for demolition, decontamination and would look a lot prettier if it was car parking. Such a shame
I feel sorry for holidaymakers that get ripped off by these places. I WISH I COULD RATE THIS ZERO STARS. Check my other reviews, I’m not a negative person. This place is disgusting

2  Thank MrReview316
Reviewed 1 June 2021

If you like rock and roll and similar you will love this place. Friendly staff good food and tables cleaned often.

Date of visit: May 2021