All reviews direct access new forest dog friendly hotel on arrival bar area travelzoo deal whirlpool bath dog owners evening meal four poster lovely location leads directly staff were very helpful and friendly beautiful garden dining room enjoyable stay thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here overnight for a meeting the following day.
The hotel is clean and the staff are very pleasant.
Food wise we only had breakfast but this was very enjoyable and well cooked.
We would have loved to have been able to stop longer but work pressure prevented this.
Given its location the cost of the stay was very reasonable.
Two minor niggles though, the mattress on the bed is in need of replacing and the water pressure to the shower is very low.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely room and hotel setting,very dog friendly, stunning food,great service and friendly staff, I have recommended yourselves to friends and family already, we will definitely return when down in the area again

Many thanks

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This is our fourth year staying at Woodlands Lodge and we intend to return next year.
Our dogs love the fact that we can walk right into the forest from the garden. They also really appreciate the welcome bones.
The new chief is a real find. We like the new menue but would love one chief’s special per night ,though the fish of the day is a great idea.
As always the room was so comfortable with every thing you need for a really relaxing stay.
The staff are so friendly and always happy to help. They are ready to go that extra mile to make sure you have a great stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodmouse
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Stayed overnight with my husband and parents to celebrate my 50th birthday. As always the food was delicious, the room clean and bright and the staff friendly and attentive. There is nothing I can add that I have not said in earlier reviews.... many thanks once again to Robert and his lovely team!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I would love to give them a better review because there were some really good things about them but there were so many issues during our stay. Let me start with the good. My daughters bridal room was lovely. They did a beautiful job setting up for the wedding reception and serving the food. All of the food we ate there was very good. The meals served for the wedding receptions were excellent. The back grounds were lovely but they need to do a better job cleaning up after the horses. We went through the gate to go walking and it appears the horses like to hang out right at the gate. There were piles of manure we had to tiptoe around. Here is a list of all the issues we had during the stay. They did not tell us that the room keys were two different keys. One to the front door and one to the back. Guess what happens when you lock your room and then try to leave thinking you are locked in and when you call the front desk multiple times and no one answers the phones........We were checked in to rooms 16 and 17 on the ground floor because of the wedding. While my daughters room was pretty mine was a mess. The bed was uncomfortable, the sun room was run down, the water pressure was low and I could not get hot water. During our evening meal my daughter and I had to wait a long time for service even though there were only two tables of customers at the time. I don't know if they were having a problem with the wait staff that weekend but they were constantly dropping dishes all three days and this can become unnerving. There was another party in the room next to us having a birthday. They did not close off the doors which created a lot of noise, especially when people start singing. During the wedding one of the staff actually walked down the isle before the bride complaining to the best man about the music being played. Luckily the attendents thought this was a joke in the wedding and the bride had no idea it happened until after the wedding was over. Correction also needs to be made to the step down area outside. When you leave the venue rooms to go outside the step down is higher then normal and requires some care, especially for older people. I'm surprised an accident has not happened yet. As I said, management really needs to make some improvements for the amount of money that is being spent here. Oh, also pictures make it look like this is out in the middle of nowhere but it is actually surrounded by a neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Purehart41
Imogene A, Owner at Woodlands Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Purehart41

We were disappointed to read your review, although we are pleased you thought that the wedding was set up well and the food was excellent. We agree with you that our location is beautiful, our unique feature is that the horses and cows roam free throughout the New Forest. The downside to this is that there is poo in the forest, and sometimes a lot of poo. We would be certainly fighting a losing battle trying to clear the Forest of poo! We are also sorry that you did not enjoy your room, I wish you would have told us about the bed and waterpressure. We have since ordered a new bed and the maintenance has fixed the water issue. We are now also explaining to guests that the two keys on the key ring are for the two doors in the room. My colleague on reception got to your call as soon as possible, although it did take a little time as she was on the other line. The location of the hotel is semi rural and so we have some neighbours nestled about but not really surrounded, and we do have direct Forest access.
The wedding had originally been booked for a different date, and unfortunately this date was not possible once the bride and groom spoke to their guests, we then tried our best to accommodate the date that the bridal couple and guests could do. We already had a party booked on this date and so before we moved the wedding we checked with the party that this was ok with them and they said no problem, we then advised the groom that the party had said it was fine and did they wish to move the wedding and they agreed. We really tried to keep both parties informed of each other and only due to the bride and grooms travel plans did we proceed with this. We were unable to keep the doors shut to the party because we had to also serve them food, but throughout the planning the party was known about.
I am truly sorry if there was an issue with ceremony music, we have never had a problem with this, and i can't seem to get to the bottom of what the issue was.... i do know that the bride and groom were going to play a prank on the guests before the ceremony.
Finally, the composition of this old building means it can be a bit quirky and some of the steps are higher, but to the left and right of this tall step is a slope so that guests do not need to go down into the garden this way.
The whole team is sorry that these factors spoiled your time with us at the hotel.