“Excellent Sunday Lunch to Celebrate 21st Birthday”

Gino's Pear Tree Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$31 - US$63
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Gino’s Pear Tree Woodhouse Eaves. Beautifully situated within the heart of the national forest this old 18th century inn has been lovingly restored into a chic Italian restaurant by the brothers 'Albiniano'. Please enjoy exploring our page and discover a little more about us. Riccardo, Gianni & Marco.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we was looked after by all of the staff. We did not have to wait long to be served, there was an excellent choice of menu and the food tasted amazing. If you want to go out for Sunday lunch and you want a meal in a "Restaurant" instead of a "Pub" then I would advise you to seriously consider coming here. Well Done Gino's Pear Tree Restaurant.

1  Thank BlackpoolMad1974

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Our evening started off well, the service was poor, I felt the waiters/waitresses didn’t know how to deliver meals to their customers, not attentive at all.
Starters ok, one of our party had to wait 5 mins for their main to be delivered to the table.
We decided to order desserts which we did at 9pm, by 9.25 they still hadn’t arrived. Friends we were with had to leave to collect someone. We asked to cancel the dessert, to which was replied one had already been cooked and we would have to pay for it. When asked if this could be taken away with us, to be then told it had been thrown away.
Whoever was in charge last night they were definitely not responsive towards the customer.
spoilt the end of our evening as it was a celebration
Will not be visiting again.

1  Thank ssyer
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Me and my sisters wanted to book somewhere special for Mothers Day as it is rare that we can get together as a family.
An hour before the booking i received a call from the main guy running the restaurant confirming numbers and i was told we had only 2 hours as they were booked up with further bookings later that evening and i was fine with this.

My mums pizza order was completely wrong not once but twice!!
The pizza arrived and it had small amount on tomato sauce on the inside not right to the edges and it had mushrooms which, firstly this pizza had no mention of mushroom on this pizza and secondly mum is allergic to mushrooms. We all got our meals so my poor mum had to wait for her second pizza which then had potato's when we requested upon our initial order to substitute the potato's with another ingredient. Again, the sauce was only in the centre??

I thought pizza's had tomato sauce on the whole pizza whether vegan, veg or meat!! Not here so not only did my mum did not want to complain she removed the potato which left the pizza with virtually nothing on then she could not cut it because it was a tough dough with no sauce!!

Whilst we were eating our meal, the guy who called me an hour before reservation walked over to MY SISTER to tell her we will need to vacate our table soon. Why did he need to do that and ruin our meal further when he had already spoken to me beforehand!! WHY WHY WHY???

We were then over billed!!

Listen, look at your prices and charge according to your very disappointing service and food.

Special evening ruined once again. We had this problem last time it was a special occasion.

STOP OVER BOOKING AND LOOK AFTER YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!
Not going to give this place another chance and funny enough it was the same guy running it that evening too! I do know his name but will not say.

1  Thank Rara754
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Food was good apart from my pizza which had a soggy base. It's expensive - the main courses are pricey and everything is made that much more expensive as you have to order on top your side dishes eg, vegetables, fries, salads - the portion sizes of which are poor. Service and attitude was poor - you have to ask for everything.
Have you ever been somewhere where you feel you've been ripped off - then this is the place .Will not be visiting again. Ferraris and Casa Romana win hands down everytime !!

2  Thank MidlandsAnnie
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I went for a cured beef which was quite bland as I didn't realise there would be no tomato sauce base and there way way too much rocket (see pic). My boyfriend enjoyed his calzone however and the tiramisu was delicious. The vibe is formal with good service however it was a bit uncomfortable watching staff get told off for minor mistakes.