See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

There were Ants on the bed in each day, small rooms, poor room service, the hair dryer didn't work, 1 pillow for each bed and they didn't agree to give us more.
The breakfast was poor, the omelet was full with eggshells, the food wasn't clean.
The hotel looks fine, not something spacial. We could find something better in the same price or lower...
The staff were nice but we won't come back.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Good location next to the motorway so convenient for travelling onwards. Reception staff were quite unwelcoming and gave the impression of being not dog friendly so much so that we went out for a takeaway pizza; but staff in the bar and at breakfast were happy to accommodate us and our dog.
Clean and comfortable rooms. The shower could be an issue for more rounded guests as there was limited room to access it.
Staff with very little command of the English language so failed to get milk in our room for the tea and coffee.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, though somewhat standard buffet offerings. The warm sfogliatelle were a nice touch! We used the hotel as a base to visit the Amalfi Coast, Naples and Pompeii. Staying in any of these places would have been considerably more expensive or in the case of Naples a bit intimidating, so we were happy with our choice. Private parking behind the hotel was nice, though the lot entrance is a bit hard to find if you don't know about it.

Room tip: You can hear some noise in rooms facing the highway, so request rooms facing the back if possible.
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Booked four nights at the last minute
Reception was very welcoming was told shuttle to and from Salerno would cost €50 which I found very expensive .
Car park very secure but signs are small on arrival as to get into it .
Our room was a very spacious and comfortable beds it was next to the lift so from early morning we heard it going up and down another fan like noise outside bathroom don't know what that was it was on all night.
Breakfast was awful choice was ok if you were Italian, fruit was awful on last morning apples were rotten not much choice and always tinned apricots boiled eggs were cold only little round rolls and cheapest sliced hard bread ever.i thought I was having musli and it turned out to be rice crispies.
The staff were very nice .

Room tip: Do t have a room next to lift
Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Arrived for 3 night stay. Booked family room for 2 adults and 16 year old. Room was nice but bed for teenager was broken. Went to reception to tell them - big kafuffle. I don't expect people to be able to speak English, I have no other languages and am put to shame by the talents of the people we meet when travelling. So I was ok with having to speak to someone on the phone because the receptionist wasn't fully understanding the issue nor could she comprehend why I was unhappy with one of us just staying in another room. Spoke to woman on the phone who was very abrupt - said if child wasn't old enough to stay in a room 2 floors away then either me or my husband could and hung up on me. I asked to speak to the manager. Understandably he didn't speak any English and spent the next 15 minutes trying to get someone for me to speak to on phone. Eventually I was put on to a man - he also couldn't understand that we didn't want a 2nd room for one of us to stay in - kept saying it was a Sunday? What could I expect? I was told to wait for the house keeper to come from another town to look at the bed. I was not willing to do this - it had been around 30 minutes by then - and who knew how long it would be before the issue was resolved, I really didn't want to ruin any more of my holiday. We were told we would all have to move to an inferior room. I asked how we were going to be compensated for this. The man on the phone was incredulous that I should expect reimbursement for moving to a cheaper room. I was then offered a free coffee while we waited on the housekeeper! I declined. We moved room and went out to enjoy the rest of our day. When we came back we went for a drink at the bar - the bartender was very nice and apologised for the problem but told us the bed was fixed and we were to move back. My husband told reception we were not going to move rooms again at this late stage, he was told that we could stay in the room that night (it was after 10pm). Next morning we were again told by reception we had to move back to the room. Again I refused. When we arrived in on 2nd night room key wouldnt work so we had to go to reception. We checked out after 2 nights and moved to a different hotel. On checking out no one wanted to know why. I had to ask to leave a comment and my email address should someone wish to contact me about this. Other than the hassle ...

Good bits
Location handy for exploring area
Clean
Decent breakfast lots of choice (fun to watch other residents sneak rolls and cakes into their bags)
as said above - lovely bartender
Free parking

Ok bits
Room size

Not so good bits
Air con not great
No fan available
Shower looks great (can sit down and have jets shower you) but very uncomfortable
2 out of 3 of us had difficulty in connecting to WiFi (didn't like apple products)
Safe temperamental

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Caterina O
Principati, Responsabile reception at Hotel dei Principati, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Caterina;
thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor community: reading our customers' reviews helps us to improve service.
We apologize for the inconvenience due to unpredictable failure of the bed.
We tried immediately to fix it but the maintenance staff were temporarily engaged in another job.
We didn’t know that you and your family had to go out otherwise we could solve the problem during your absence without any discomfort and waiting from your side. When you came back in fact the problem was solved and we proposed to return again in the room with the double bed. We are sorry if there was some misunderstanding.
We also apologize for the difficulties due to the English language, our company deals with with international markets, and the operator on duty was able to understand the Russian language but unfortunately less the English one.
We apology for the inconvenience again...we hope that you will be again our guest so we can show that it was a singular event.
Greetings
PS: The bartender thank you for the express compliment!